Bank of America getting another NY Fed bailout.

D

Deleted member 4644

These people need to be put in a prison labor camp. In the snow.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Working as intended.

The Federal Reserve was created to insulate the banks from their actions in the marketplace.

Perpetual prosperity for the ultra wealthy whose wealth is mostly invested and for the banks who spread that wealth. The rest of us are simply indoctrinated in Keynesian economics so that we continue to support the actions.

Move along now, nothing to see.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
Well they certainly don't need deposits to operate anymore. Since that 0.01% savings interest rate is so tempting eh.

Banks don't need deposits to lend money! Or... any money at all! LOL all you can do is laugh honestly.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Angelo Mozilo should be in prison. Period.

There isn't a single reason why he shouldn't be there. The top execs of Countrywide should be there along with him. Instead, he bought his way out and it is a travesty to our legal system that wealth = freedom.

As far as the securities, AIG was saved by the Fed, while the claims didn't legally follow them by the documentation, they received a bailout and paid with Maiden Lane. They received consideration and should walk away.

As far as the banks, they should be broken up and none should be allowed to hold deposits in excess of 5% of the national deposit base.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
Continued bank bailouts prove one thing and one thing only and that is the lesson of failure is never taught by the markets to the banking industry.

Any lesson is automatically muted and vaporized by the actions of central banks in order to help government prop up its own spending and debt addiction being provided and fueled by those who run the banking industry and who head and chair central bank committees.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Continued bank bailouts prove one thing and one thing only and that is the lesson of failure is never taught by the markets to the banking industry.

Any lesson is automatically muted and vaporized by the actions of central banks in order to help government prop up its own spending and debt addiction being provided and fueled by those who run the banking industry and who head and chair central bank committees.

:thumbsup:

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
What the fukkkkkkk+

Was there not something all over the news.... 1-2 years ago where they gambled BILLIONS of shareholders money and lost it?

And the CEO wouldn't disclose all of the details because they had shit to hide?

So we're going to give criminals money?

Last edited:

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I didnt read that BofA is getting another bailout, but rather the NY Fed is shielding BofA from lawsuits stemming from toxic mortgages? Im not saying thats any better, but Im not reading a direct bailout. Did I miss it?

Xonim

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2011
I didnt read that BofA is getting another bailout, but rather the NY Fed is shielding BofA from lawsuits stemming from toxic mortgages? Im not saying thats any better, but Im not reading a direct bailout. Did I miss it?

Seems to be what I read. And the "good guy" in this story is AIG, who we're supposed to feel sorry for? Yeah, I'm not feeling it...

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
"“I did not run for office to be helping out a bunch of fat-cat bankers on Wall Street,” “The people on Wall Street still don’t get it. They don’t get it.”
~President Obama on 60 minutes 12/13/10

For the lulz

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Seems appropriate

Obama-Mission-Accomplished-Banner.jpg

zephyrprime

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
Banks don't need deposits to lend money! Or... any money at all! LOL all you can do is laugh honestly.
Money is just paper and banks control the printing. That's the truth. (only now the printing is mostly digital and the money is digital too).

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Seems appropriate

Obama-Mission-Accomplished-Banner.jpg

LOLWUT? You really think this man introduced the policies that fucked us over in the first place? You should really study up on the repeal of Glass-Steagall and also concentrate on the Party which first pushed for the repeal. ;)

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
Money is just paper and banks control the printing. That's the truth. (only now the printing is mostly digital and the money is digital too).

Thats weird because I can't just print some to pay my bills at the end of the month like the government does :awe:

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
LOLWUT? You really think this man introduced the policies that fucked us over in the first place? You should really study up on the repeal of Glass-Steagall and also concentrate on the Party which first pushed for the repeal. ;)

Wait...are we talking about the repeal of glass steagall under Clinton's watch or the OP's article about how the fed last July, under Obama's watch, exempted BofA from " from all legal claims arising from losses in some mortgage-backed securities the Fed received when the government bailed out the American International Group in 2008"?

What are we talking about here?

edit: Dont misunderstand me. Bush had a hand in the collapse of the market as well, but the ball was put in motion by the Clinton administration, To deny that is, well, simply blindness on your part. And to deny Obama's continuation of big bank protection is also blindness. I suggest you read this article McCain get's it, Obama doesn't.

But, thats not what the OP is about.

Last edited:

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Wait...are we talking about the repeal of glass steagall under Clinton's watch or the OP's article about how the fed last July, under Obama's watch, exempted BofA from " from all legal claims arising from losses in some mortgage-backed securities the Fed received when the government bailed out the American International Group in 2008"?

What are we talking about here?

edit: Dont misunderstand me. Bush had a hand in the collapse of the market as well, but the ball was put in motion by the Clinton administration, To deny that is, well, simply blindness on your part. And to deny Obama's continuation of big bank protection is also blindness. I suggest you read this article McCain get's it, Obama doesn't.

But, thats not what the OP is about.

Actually, to deny that the Reagan admininstration started the assault on the Glass-Steagall is, simply put, pure blindness on your part.

Beginning in 1982, with "policy statements" from the FDIC that began allowing state chartered non-Federal Reserve member banks to establish subsidiaries to underwrite and deal in securities, and the simultaneous allowance by the OCC to allow Dreyfus Corp. and Sears to establish “nonbank bank” subsidiaries that were not covered by the Bank Holding Company Act were the first major shots across the bow of Glass-Steagall.

Then the Fed. in 1987, under Volker, approved several bank holding companies to underwrite and deal in residential mortgage-backed securities, municipal revenue bonds, and commercial paper. By 1991, under Geo. Bush, the dismantling of Glass-Steagall was well underway.

Clinton's action was just the end of what Congress had put into motion during the 1980's. Poor decision in retrospect, but it had so much momentum by that point that it was hard to stop.

Hell, even Volker stated repealing Glass-Steagall wouldn't have been bad if Congress had thought about what they replaced it with. Volcker’s criticism was that Congress didn’t replace it with other restrictions, creating the 1920's all over again.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Actually, to deny that the Reagan admininstration started the assault on the Glass-Steagall is, simply put, pure blindness on your part.

Beginning in 1982, with "policy statements" from the FDIC that began allowing state chartered non-Federal Reserve member banks to establish subsidiaries to underwrite and deal in securities, and the simultaneous allowance by the OCC to allow Dreyfus Corp. and Sears to establish “nonbank bank” subsidiaries that were not covered by the Bank Holding Company Act were the first major shots across the bow of Glass-Steagall.

Then the Fed. in 1987, under Volker, approved several bank holding companies to underwrite and deal in residential mortgage-backed securities, municipal revenue bonds, and commercial paper. By 1991, under Geo. Bush, the dismantling of Glass-Steagall was well underway.

Clinton's action was just the end of what Congress had put into motion during the 1980's. Poor decision in retrospect, but it had so much momentum by that point that it was hard to stop.

Hell, even Volker stated repealing Glass-Steagall wouldn't have been bad if Congress had thought about what they replaced it with. Volcker’s criticism was that Congress didn’t replace it with other restrictions, creating the 1920's all over again.

Fair enough :)