Bank For Only Those With $50 Million

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Only customers with a net worth above $50 million can bank at the newest division of Wells Fargo in Chicago, and skeptical customers want to know why any bank would cater to just the 1 percent.

1%? Really? Do people actually think the top 1% all have a net worth of $50M?

TakeNoPrisoners

Platinum Member
Jun 3, 2011
The problem is nowhere to be found. We have plenty of banks that cater to the rest of us. The ultra rich should be able to have their own banks.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally Posted by dmcowen674
Only customers with a net worth above $50 million can bank at the newest division of Wells Fargo in Chicago, and skeptical customers want to know why any bank would cater to just the 1 percent.

1%? Really? Do people actually think the top 1% all have a net worth of $50M?

That's what was written in the article.

Macamus Prime

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2011
I see all those with $50 million plus checking in here.

With nose and mouth nestled deep within the buttocks of the elite - they feel they are required to speak on behalf of their masters.

Eitherway, let the rich have their own services. They are paying for it, even when the investment firm (lets face it, there is no longer such a thing as a bank; they are all investment junkies) loses their money.

Also, they ARE creating jobs. I mean all the legal immigrants they hire to clean these banks - why, they are shoveling out 10s of thousands of dollars each year in creating wonderful new jobs!!!

Plus, they don't have to be in the fields all day collecting our strawberries and corn. They just have to stay away while cleaning our marble imported to the US by an Albanian shipping company from India.

MY GOD man - are you not seeing how wonderful this news is! They 1% are creating jobs!

Penny loafers from heaven be praised! This is a wonderful day my good man!!

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
I see all those with $50 million plus checking in here.

With nose and mouth nestled deep within the buttocks of the elite - they feel they are required to speak on behalf of their masters.

Eitherway, let the rich have their own services. They are paying for it, even when the investment firm (lets face it, there is no longer such a thing as a bank; they are all investment junkies) loses their money.

Also, they ARE creating jobs. I mean all the legal immigrants they hire to clean these banks - why, they are shoveling out 10s of thousands of dollars each year in creating wonderful new jobs!!!

Plus, they don't have to be in the fields all day collecting our strawberries and corn. They just have to stay away while cleaning our marble imported to the US by an Albanian shipping company from India.

MY GOD man - are you not seeing how wonderful this news is! They 1% are creating jobs!

Penny loafers from heaven be praised! This is a wonderful day my good man!!

That is exactly as I said nearly 10 years ago.

There will be nothing left here but the rich elite and the lowly peasants to serve them, nothing in between just as they want it.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009

That's what was written in the article.
That's the problem. Uninformed customers.

Top 1.00% wealth = $1.2 million net worth
http://www.joshuakennon.com/a-look-inside-the-top-1-of-wealth-and-net-worth-in-the-united-states/

Macamus Prime

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2011
That is exactly as I said nearly 10 years ago.

There will be nothing left here but the rich elite and the lowly peasants to serve them, nothing in between just as they want it.

I believe it.

I just don't understand how gleefully some of these morons accept this direction. As if they will someone be "taken care of" by the rich when this shit hits the fan.

Freedoms are taken away for the sake of profit and growth. Profit and growth that goes untouched due to special laws and promises of creating more jobs - all the while, they DO create more jobs. But, in communist and anti-Democratic countries.

These very efforts which undermine the real America are supported and praised by these jackasses.

I can't figure it out.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Another thread by dave proving he knows nothing about the world. It's sad really, but in a way amazing that he lives in a country that allows somebody so inept to not starve to death.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Bank For Only Those With $50 Million

Not complaining about the thread title, but the article specifically states that you have to INVEST $50M to get the service(s). Nothing really new with that. For decades now those with larger amounts in their investment accounts have received extra services. These include free accounting services and access to specialized investment/tax type planners. And clearly in this case they are going after a niche market as the article states the extra services are aimed at those with family businesses. As such, the extra services they are offering would be of no use to others anyway.

But there are banks that do require large amounts to merely have a checking account (just the usual banking services) and they have been around since at least the 80's. I know, I tried to open an account at one to get a check cashed. They were polite and didn't laugh out loud (at least not until I had left), but I got the impression they wanted to.

Fern

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Oh, and by the way there are a zillion institutions that do this. If you go to Vanguard you can invest with a few thousand bucks but if you want into some of their funds you need $100k. That's how it is. The article really is a non-article.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
I believe it.

I just don't understand how gleefully some of these morons accept this direction. As if they will someone be "taken care of" by the rich when this shit hits the fan.

Freedoms are taken away for the sake of profit and growth. Profit and growth that goes untouched due to special laws and promises of creating more jobs - all the while, they DO create more jobs. But, in communist and anti-Democratic countries.

These very efforts which undermine the real America are supported and praised by these jackasses.

I can't figure it out.

Well obviously some people are going to be rich, some people are going to be taken care of by the rich, and then there will be the rest. I'd rather be one of the first two than the third one.

Aug 23, 2000
Well obviously some people are going to be rich, some people are going to be taken care of by the rich, and then there will be the rest. I'd rather be one of the first two than the third one.

Exactly. You have envy. Envy is good as it makes a person strive for more. Jealousy, which is what the Occupy group has is bad as it makes people angry and instead of working to do better for themselves, they'd rather destroy what they can't have (due to lack of trying).

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
and you were OK with this why?

If this was Monaco sure.

I was OK with it because there are plenty of other banks likely better suited to my needs. This bank probably had a very high ratio of employees to customers (better service) and either you have a big enough account to justify it, or they would have to charge you extra. I'd rather not pay extra so went to a 'regular' bank.

I can't remember where it was. I think it was Berlin, but could have been Amsterdam. While I have been to Monaco, I'm certain it wasn't there.

Fern

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Repeat after me.
The business of business is to make more money

It is NOT to make you happy or feel good. That's the marketing department.

Do you just not understand the concept of PR?

Do you think looking like even more elitist jackasses helps them make money?

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
The service is excellent, the coffee and pastry's they serve are outstanding, and I have a personal banker, whats not to love?

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
The service is excellent, the coffee and pastry's they serve are outstanding, and I have a personal banker, whats not to love?

My bank serves me caviar and champagne. You need to move on up to a higher class bank.