Bank Bailouts... UK National Audit Office

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
That's some well paid consultants there... Of course, if their advice was useful and allowed the British public to save billions, then it's money well spent, but something tells me their advice wasn't worth all that much.

brblx

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2009
that's what happens when the once-mighty empire follows the policies of a country of complete assclowns. smooth. england's like our other canada.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Don't forget about the bailout for the inbred royal family. It's probably in the billions or perhaps trillions.

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005
Don't forget about the bailout for the inbred royal family. It's probably in the billions or perhaps trillions.

Or it would be... if there was such a thing as a royal bailout... and if the currency suddenly devalued faster than the Zimbabwe dollar...

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
that's what happens when the once-mighty empire follows the policies of a country of complete assclowns. smooth. england's like our other canada.

Yeah, funny how that works out. Our GDP is still the biggest in the world.

And the "cost" mentioned has been blown out of proportion, as much of that will be returned, as follow up statements mentioned.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
LOL, GDP by PPP per capita is a laughable measure, considering several of those countries really produce little to no industrial or IP for the world.

Well you brought up GDP, and in a dick swinging way as well.

So why is your arbitrarily chosen statistic any better than mine?

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Well you brought up GDP, and in a dick swinging way as well.

So why is your arbitrarily chosen statistic any better than mine?

I did bring up GDP, not GDP per capita, which is a completely different measurement. Why don't you go into the way back machine and look above.

Mine isn't arbitrarily chosen, it is the common metric. Why don't you look at those countries again, Brunei? Quatar? Luxembourg? Oil, oil, and a financial haven with a semi-private bond/stock bourse. Wow, great examples of real economic power.

Now quit being a douchenozzle.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I did bring up GDP, not GDP per capita, which is a completely different measurement. Why don't you go into the way back machine and look above.

Mine isn't arbitrarily chosen, it is the common metric. Why don't you look at those countries again, Brunei? Quatar? Luxembourg? Oil, oil, and a financial haven with a semi-private bond/stock bourse. Wow, great examples of real economic power.

Now quit being a douchenozzle.

Now you brought up the GDP of the USA in a thread about a bank bailout in the UK and you reckon your statistic choice isn't arbitrary? o_O

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Now you brought up the GDP of the USA in a thread about a bank bailout in the UK and you reckon your statistic choice isn't arbitrary? o_O

The GDP was a reply to the denigration of the US as "complete assclowns", at least that's what I took from it.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
The GDP was a reply to the denigration of the US as "complete assclowns", at least that's what I took from it.

Hey you assumed that the US were 'complete assclowns' nobody else said that.

I cant imagine how you came to that conclusion.

Edit: And why would having a good GDP mean your not a nation of Assclowns?

P.S> Wtf is an assclown anyway?

Last edited:

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006

I would argue that he was responding to another poster who brought it up first.

Furthermore, your post came across as trying to prove a statement as false by providing incompelte information. Since Legendkiller was vague about which GDP statistic he was referring to it would ahve been better to ask by wich metric was he referring to

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Hey you assumed that the US were 'complete assclowns' nobody else said that.

I would refer you to the statment made by brblx earlier in the thread. Someone else did, indeed, say that:

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Them wars cost money, big money. Not 20 Billion advertised.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Indeed, so you recognise your country from that description?

He could have been talking about the French, we are ruled by Europe now.

*sigh* While I am making assumptions I believe it is a reasonable one based on brblx's statement about Canada. I have never known anyone other than an American to use a phrase similar to 'like our other canada'

I would think that statement would be pretty clear to everyone. But perhaps I underestimated the intelligence of some of the people in this thread

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
*sigh* While I am making assumptions I believe it is a reasonable one based on brblx's statement about Canada. I have never known anyone other than an American to use a phrase similar to 'like our other canada'

I would think that statement would be pretty clear to everyone. But perhaps I underestimated the intelligence of some of the people in this thread

Look don't take it out on me, if you think your nation is made up mostly of assclowns that's fine, I don't have to live there.

You pick your own assumptions there pal.

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
That's some well paid consultants there... Of course, if their advice was useful and allowed the British public to save billions, then it's money well spent, but something tells me their advice wasn't worth all that much.

Advisors advocating the propping up of gluttonous credit markets are not offering good advice. Just because the assclowns in the US did it does not make it a good idea.

People offering that kind of advice should be shot in the face, rather than paid 200,000 ANYTHING per month.

The only way to get out of this GLOBAL recession is for governments to STOP fucking with the free market. Liquidate the bad assets and let the market dictate the prices of goods AND credit.

Government intervention got us in to this mess. Government intervention is sure as shit not going to get us out of it.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Look don't take it out on me, if you think your nation is made up mostly of assclowns that's fine, I don't have to live there.

You pick your own assumptions there pal.

Please - your fake 'holier than thou' attitude is unbelieveably transparent - especially with your backhanded insults. We all knew what was going on and if you want to try and act like we don't base a large amount of communication on assumptions than you are even more clueless than I thought