Bandwidth meter?

Nizology

Oct 13, 2004
You can also try flashing your router with DD-WRT firmware. A little more work but gives you a bounty of options for monitoring your usage.

guitarslingerchris

Dec 10, 2004
Originally posted by: Nizology
You can also try flashing your router with DD-WRT firmware. A little more work but gives you a bounty of options for monitoring your usage.

This. I was without any other option, because of the LARGE amount of traffic on my local network it was impossible to get an accurate reading of my monthly bandwidth. One 1080 movie streamed to my PS3 was suddenly 25gb added to my upload according to all those bandwidth monitors. The DD-WRT firmware has a great utility in the Status->WAN section that will give you overall monthly and day-to-day internet bandwidth usage.

Adam8281

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
I really like Netlimiter 2. Not only does it meter all bandwidth (in very detailed fashion - you can see overall usage, usage by application, and usage by PROCESS), it also lets you set on-the-fly limits to HOW MUCH bandwidth you want to let any particular application/process use.

Sam25

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2008
Originally posted by: Adam8281
I really like Netlimiter 2. Not only does it meter all bandwidth (in very detailed fashion - you can see overall usage, usage by application, and usage by PROCESS), it also lets you set on-the-fly limits to HOW MUCH bandwidth you want to let any particular application/process use.

Yup, it's very customizable. :)

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
tomato firmware is great for this. it tracks daily, weekly, and monthly, and automatically backs up the data to a network share on your computer