Banana thrown at Italy's first black minister

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 8, 2012
So, you're George Lopez. hahaha

....Wut?

That was Carlos Mencia if I recall - George Lopez was one of the one's pissed because Mencia took some of his.

Not that I care, both have nothing but retard cliche' crap jokes related to stereotyping mexicans. Hardy har har.

Jul 10, 2007
Yes, look at all the issues that the US has been going through? So what? Tell me the name of a developed country that isn't dealing with similar issues. We have our own crap going on, yes....and so what?

Yes, countries in the EU are struggling with muslim immigration issues.
So you do agree that a homogenous society is the most harmonious?
Congrats, you've aligned yourself with Geosurface.

I agree with his one sentiment. I can't comment on his other beliefs since I know nothing of them.

Whiskey16

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2011
Yes, countries in the EU are struggling with muslim immigration issues.
The racist, extremist, xenophobic, violent, supremacist, and bigoted likes of Anders Breivik and Geosurface prove to be the greatest threatening 'issues.'

Learn to interact and listen to those who your xenophobic sentiments cause you to shun and ostracise. People may then learn that disrespect and exclusion of immigrants is the greatest deterrent to stable integration.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2007
The racist, extremist, xenophobic, violent, supremacist, and bigoted likes of Anders Breivik and Geosurface prove to be the greatest threatening 'issues.'

Learn to interact and listen to those who your xenophobic sentiments cause you to shun and ostracise. People may then learn that disrespect and exclusion of immigrants is the greatest deterrent to stable integration.

many immigrants are not interested in assimilation. why do you think we have numeral dos para espanol and ethnic neighborhoods. look at the communities in UK that are self-declared sharia zones.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...xtremists-set-Sharia-law-zones-UK-cities.html

and it's not just immigrants. inner city blacks are not interested in integrating for fear of being called "uncle toms" and acting white.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
many immigrants are not interested in assimilation. why do you think we have numeral dos para espanol and ethnic neighborhoods. look at the communities in UK that are self-declared sharia zones.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...xtremists-set-Sharia-law-zones-UK-cities.html

and it's not just immigrants. inner city blacks are not interested in integrating for fear of being called "uncle toms" and acting white.

Don't forget about Tea Party people. They're not interested in integrating. They also openly call for the dismantling of the federal government.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
I agree with his one sentiment. I can't comment on his other beliefs since I know nothing of them.

Don't worry, while I do hold some controversial views on things, this is mostly about Whiskey16 being a major drama queen.

The guy is a modern day inquisitor who likes to label people as "racist" "bigot" "intolerant" "xenophobe" etc rather than "heretic" - and he loves nothing more than to tar someone with the brush of trying to link them to violent murderers when all they've done is express unpopular opinions.

I think we all know that on message boards people will frequently express things in a more extreme way than they would in real life, or than they truly feel. Either for the purpose of stimulating debate, or just because there's less caution in an anonymous environment and sometimes it can be cathartic to simplify things and frame them in a very black and white, good and evil way.

There's a time for nuance and detail, and other times if you get frustrated with something or you're just feeling feisty, you might express yourself in a way you normally wouldn't. Might even end up saying things you didn't truly feel.

I've slipped up in that way a few times here, and apologized for it after the fact.

People like Whiskey16 aren't interested in communication with those they disagree with, or attempting to understand where they're coming from. No, his agenda is to merely stamp "crazy racist" on as many conservatives or people who aren't as excited about immigration as him, so he can get to the business of demonizing them endlessly, and creepily stalking them through threads, maintaining a disturbing "dossier" on them, seemingly.

I'm far from perfect, and yea I've said some things I regret. But at least I'm not a creepy internet gestapo who wishes to silence those I disagree with. His favorite tactic is trying to shame the management into allowing less free speech. That's when you know you're dealing with a real great guy with a spirit of open inquiry and philosophical bravery :rolleyes:

Feb 10, 2000
Don't worry, while I do hold some controversial views on things, this is mostly about Whiskey16 being a major drama queen.

The guy is a modern day inquisitor who likes to label people as "racist" "bigot" "intolerant" "xenophobe" etc rather than "heretic" - and he loves nothing more than to tar someone with the brush of trying to link them to violent murderers when all they've done is express unpopular opinions.

I think we all know that on message boards people will frequently express things in a more extreme way than they would in real life, or than they truly feel. Either for the purpose of stimulating debate, or just because there's less caution in an anonymous environment and sometimes it can be cathartic to simplify things and frame them in a very black and white, good and evil way.

There's a time for nuance and detail, and other times if you get frustrated with something or you're just feeling feisty, you might express yourself in a way you normally wouldn't. Might even end up saying things you didn't truly feel.

I've slipped up in that way a few times here, and apologized for it after the fact.

People like Whiskey16 aren't interested in communication with those they disagree with, or attempting to understand where they're coming from. No, his agenda is to merely stamp "crazy racist" on as many conservatives or people who aren't as excited about immigration as him, so he can get to the business of demonizing them endlessly, and creepily stalking them through threads, maintaining a disturbing "dossier" on them, seemingly.

I'm far from perfect, and yea I've said some things I regret. But at least I'm not a creepy internet gestapo who wishes to silence those I disagree with. His favorite tactic is trying to shame the management into allowing less free speech. That's when you know you're dealing with a real great guy with a spirit of open inquiry and philosophical bravery :rolleyes:

Cry me a river.

Calling a spade a spade (or, more to the point, making accurate observations about a white nationalist who has a history of spouting awful, bigoted trash in the past, and continues to do so in the present) is not being a "drama queen." Your posting history is replete with unapologetically racist statements (oh, sorry, "slip-ups"), and you continue to post that way. Many people (myself included) think this is not something to be tolerated. Were I a mod I would perma-ban you, because this is not stormfront.org. They have been remarkably tolerant of your nonsense during your ignoble stay here.

Last edited:

recoil80

Jan 16, 2009
Many here would say that's not racist. Its just fruit, get over it.

Mrs Kyenge (the black minister) said: "too bad they're wasting food in this economical crisis".
I think throwing a banana is not that bad, because it was just ONE racist who did something stupid, among a crowd of people.

What is serious indeed is a former italian minister calling "orangutan" Mrs Kyenge, that happened a couple of weeks ago. The politician is still in italian Senate and its party didn't ask for resignation.

recoil80

Jan 16, 2009
Italy is a successful part of the world? I guess the bar is really low!

yes, the bar is low...
The unemployment rate is really high, jobs are missing for the italians so we don't need immigrants, but they're still coming.
I don't think Italy is more racist that other european countries, the real problem is that immigrants struggle to find a job, so they either become criminals or beggars...

What Mrs Kyenge is proposing is "Jus soli" and that's why she is so unpopular now.
What most italian fears is that tons of immigrants will come here to give birth to their children and then ask social services for help (social housing, money...).

I'm not racist, as a matter of fact I have friends from very different countries and if an immigrant comes here to find a job I'm fine with that, no problem.
But as many other people in my country I'm against Mrs Kyenge proposal. Of course I want children to have access to medical care (it's almost free in Italy) and school, but the goal must be integration, not the citizenship per se.

So I'm against mrs Kyenge ideas, I don't care about the color of her skin ;)

PingviN

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2009

Immigrants choose exclusion. They don't want to be a part of the majority society. I'm generalizing, ofc, but we can't force integration.

Last edited:

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Immigrants choose exclusion. They don't want to be a part of the majority society. I'm generalizing, ofc.

and frankly, moving to another society is in itself a decision to not fit in, be excluded, be mistrusted etc.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

I often disagree with Whiskey. He may even over-use the charge or racism. However, in your particular case I'm afraid he's 100% correct.

You're a vile pig.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
You're a vile pig.

Maybe, maybe not.

I've encountered several people who disagree with me fundamentally on these issues, here on these boards, and who nonetheless find me to be a pleasant person who (with a few notable exceptions I've apologized for) gets my points across in a well-reasoned and mature fashion.

Even some people who have found certain opinions I've expressed to be completely unthinkable to their worldview, have praised me for the mature way in which I conveyed them and have expressed support for me during times I wasn't able to use the forum.

I personally think a lot more understanding can be achieved if people don't just stamp each other with "horrible monster" and then shut down all thought about why this other person came to view the world in the way they do, and (potentially) help them change their views (if that is actually what needs to happen to be more in line with the truth.)

A lot of people here will say someone like spidey07 or SpatiallyAware is a huge racist, and then when asked for evidence of this they will say something like "well his posting record speaks for itself" but if you actually watch their posts over a long period of time, it just seems like this mythos arose out of them just not putting a lot of sugar coating on how they express things. A very no-nonsense, old school view of crime and punishment, and law-abiding citizens' rights as compared to criminal behavior... etc etc. In other words, people expressing themselves in ways which aren't very politically correct. But as to racism? That mostly seems to boil down to people reading into what they're saying, and the snowball effect of "well I see everyone else calling them a racist and agreeing when others do... so, yea... it must be true."

Received wisdom about another person's character which is rarely given an honest assessment by those who repeat it.

Again, I personally think more understanding and better discussion can be achieved by engaging rather than just stamping a person with "vile pig" "racist" "boogieman" "pariah" - whatever. But to each his own.

Jul 10, 2007
yes, the bar is low...
The unemployment rate is really high, jobs are missing for the italians so we don't need immigrants, but they're still coming.
I don't think Italy is more racist that other european countries, the real problem is that immigrants struggle to find a job, so they either become criminals or beggars...

What Mrs Kyenge is proposing is "Jus soli" and that's why she is so unpopular now.
What most italian fears is that tons of immigrants will come here to give birth to their children and then ask social services for help (social housing, money...).

I'm not racist, as a matter of fact I have friends from very different countries and if an immigrant comes here to find a job I'm fine with that, no problem.
But as many other people in my country I'm against Mrs Kyenge proposal. Of course I want children to have access to medical care (it's almost free in Italy) and school, but the goal must be integration, not the citizenship per se.

So I'm against mrs Kyenge ideas, I don't care about the color of her skin ;)

heyyyyy, sounds just like our problem with immigrants.

CLite

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2005
I'll never understand why successful parts of the world started allowing tons of people from less successful parts of the world to immigrate into their nations.

There's a reason they're looking to leave their homelands, and come to yours... it's because they weren't able to rise to a first world (or even second world) status on their own. So what do you think they'll do in sufficient quantities in your first world country?

I completely agree, they might do something crazy like get a degree in medicine and surgery from a local university, become a citizen and eventually a minister.

This path of hellish decent into the 3rd-world lifestyle is in juxtapose to the immaculate local-bred politicians who liken rivals to orangutans and desire that they be raped.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
I completely agree, they might do something crazy like get a degree in medicine and surgery from a local university, become a citizen and eventually a minister.

In other words, our immigration policies in the first world deprive the third world of their brightest people who are the only ones who might have been able to help them rise up out of their situations as countries.

This is why I support people being allowed in on student visas to study, but not to stay.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Immigrants choose exclusion. They don't want to be a part of the majority society. I'm generalizing, ofc, but we can't force integration.

Immigrants choose safety, not exclusion. When you come from a country in which the government and strangers in general are to be feared, not embraced, and you likely have significant cultural differences between yourself and the locals, the tendency is to shrink away and seek the familiar.

I've wondered at times what the effect of conditional immigration would be - allowing someone and their family to immigrate to, say, Canada, but their first X years must be lived within 100 km of a smaller city. The goals would be to have that person's skills improve that area, and to perhaps encourage integration.

PingviN

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2009
Immigrants choose safety, not exclusion. When you come from a country in which the government and strangers in general are to be feared, not embraced, and you likely have significant cultural differences between yourself and the locals, the tendency is to shrink away and seek the familiar.

And thus, you choose exclusion from the majority society. This is why the concept of integration is flawed - people don't want to abandon their culture. They want to live like they used to. Multiculturalism doesn't work, all it creates is segregation within the borders.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
And thus, you choose exclusion from the majority society. This is why the concept of integration is flawed - people don't want to abandon their culture. They want to live like they used to. Multiculturalism doesn't work, all it creates is segregation within the borders.

Yep.