Bam! Bush administration pwned

superstition

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2008
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20...spaincolombiadiplomacy

Correa to Bush: send us your troops or 'shut up'

Ecuadoran President Rafael Correa told US President George W. Bush on Friday to either send US troops to the border with Colombia or "shut up," in response to criticism that Ecuador harbors Colombian rebels.

"Mr Bush, bring over your soldiers, let your soldiers be the ones who get killed at the southern border with Colombia," Correa said two weeks after Bogota raided a Colombian rebel camp inside Ecuador killing a top rebel leader.

"Lets see if American citizens will accept such a tremendous barbarity. Otherwise, shut up and try to understand what's happening in Latin America," the Ecuadoran leader added.

Correa's challenge followed implied criticism of Ecuador by US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, when she said Thursday during a visit to Brazil that "responsible states" should not let their territory be used by "terrorists."

How refreshing. Maybe they're be added to the revised Axis of Evil?

(Mandatory opinion: I think it's nice to see someone stand up to Bush.)

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Mr. Correa, bring over your soldiers, let your soldiers be the ones who get killed alongside the FARC in Columbia. Let's see if Ecuadoran citizens will accept such a tremendous barbarity. Otherwise, shut up and stop allowing FARC to operate within your borders.

superstition

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2008
Originally posted by: Farang
Mr. Correa, bring over your soldiers, let your soldiers be the ones who get killed alongside the FARC in Columbia. Let's see if Ecuadoran citizens will accept such a tremendous barbarity. Otherwise, shut up and stop allowing FARC to operate within your borders.
I'm the first to admit I know nothing about the specifics only that it's refreshing to have a break from glossy political doublespeak.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
I didn't think it was allowed to tell the POTUS to "shut up".

Can I do it? ;)

ScottMac

Moderator<br>Networking<br>Elite member
Mar 19, 2001
I think President Correa should be careful what he wishes for, it might come true (or, perhaps it already has ;) ).

maluckey

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2003
United States Military Advisors are ALREADY in Ecuador, and have BEEN there since cessation of hostilities with Peru. These task forces are charged with support for friendly Ecuadoreans (and other local nations) to fight FARC and prevent a resurgence of the Shining Path.

The president of Ecuador is on the rocks, and facing serious challenges. People under stress say and do desparate things.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The drug war makes a lot of people a lot of money. I believe Bolivia has legalized the cocoa leaf, no? Maybe we will outlaw coffee and put a few more million in jail.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Originally posted by: palehorse74
:confused: How is this something to celebrate!?

man, some people are fvcking twisted...

I was wondering what was wrong, but now I see I accidentally clicked P&N. :(

ebaycj

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
The drug war makes a lot of people a lot of money. I believe Bolivia has legalized the cocoa leaf, no? Maybe we will outlaw coffee and put a few more million in jail.

I believe it's the coca leaf..