Baldur's Gate III being developed by Larian Studios

ArenCordial

Sep 18, 2012
Man I have so many questions. Is this a continuation of the Bhaalspawn story or just a 3 for sales?

Larian is a very interesting pick. Divinity Original Sin 2 was excellent (minus a couple of things that still drive me nuts), but DnD is a very different game. DOS2's combat relied on cooldowns, with skill and environmental interactions. 5e has none of that, relying on short/long rests that require careful balance by a GM not to tilt power in favor of certain classes over others. BG by its nature is also way more exploration friendly and narrative driven than the DOS games so we will see how they do.

Still awesome news aside from perhaps Owlcat Games I can't think of a better RPG developer at the moment. Its good to see Wizards of the Coast finally putting DnD in the hands of a competent developer for the first time in over a decade.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Man I have so many questions. Is this a continuation of the Bhaalspawn story or just a 3 for sales?

There are no more Bhaalspawn, the story was finished in Throne of Bhaal expansion for 2. I am going with a 3 just for sales or some dumb retcon of the story.