Bah, I think my Shure e2c's are dying a slow death

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Shure sure has some great customer service ;)

Thank you, thank you. I'm here all weekend.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Bump again! Shure is AWESOME!

I returned my E2C's to Shure for the problems mentioned above (rubber was dry rotting and cracking). I had even tried to resolder the wire and heat shrink it, I ended up losing all function in the right ear instead. So I mailed it back to them, broken by me and without a receipt, and wrote a nice letter saying that I loved them and would they please fix the headphones if at all possible.

Well, they didn't fix them for me, they didn't even send back the same headphones I sent to them. Instead, they sent me back some Pro Audio grade SCL3 earphones!! These things go for about $150 on the street, so I am definitely happy. So far they sound good, I think they have a bit more bass than the E2C's, and they fit perfectly. This company is awesome.

Suture

Sep 17, 2003
Mine are about one year old, and the same issue -- signal comes in and out, and I have to jiggle the wires a bit to restore functionality. I printed out the repair correspondence form weeks ago, but haven't gotten around to sending them back.

Kirby

Lifer
Apr 10, 2006
I accidently broke the little piece of plastic that the rubber sticks into, so I may try to send it back even though its out of warranty. Couldn't hurt, I guess. The ones that came with my Vibez suck. :(