Bah... first day of college today

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
Luckily my schedule is such that my first class starts at 1 pm. 'Course, the communication here is atrocious, and I'm not even sure if I have all the required courses... And I still have to buy my books and all that crap. It feels weird getting up at 10 am on a schoolday. I like it. :)

Oh well, we'll see if I get lost on campus today. Knowing me, I'll probably go to lunch during English 101.

Bah @ community colleges.

StevenYoo

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2001
Originally posted by: SWScorch
Luckily my schedule is such that my first class starts at 1 pm. 'Course, the communication here is atrocious, and I'm not even sure if I have all the required courses... And I still have to buy my books and all that crap. It feels weird getting up at 10 am on a schoolday. I like it. :)

Oh well, we'll see if I get lost on campus today. Knowing me, I'll probably go to lunch during English 101.

today i start at 6PM. wah hoo

thereds

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2000
Originally posted by: SWScorch

Are you going to a CC or to a real college?

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
its a CC. I was going to go to a 4 year SUNY school, but lack of financial aid and a very convincing girlfriend persuaded me to attand a CC for a year while I looked around for more money.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Instead of SUNY, you went to a CC. You're not really @ college. I went to SUNY Buffalo and dorming+classes was the real college experience. Leaving from a house at a certain time to attend class and then going back home is NOT the college experience.

Somehow SUNY Buffalo was rated the #6 biggest party school in the country this year. It wasn't the case when I graduated from there in '99, but we still had a lot of fun. That's a real college experience... but it's different for everyone... being close to your gf might matter more to you... I'm all for that.

bleeb

Lifer
Feb 3, 2000
Gosh... the good old college days, and the good old high school days.... ENJOY it fellas.

MajesticMoose

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
SUNY is State University of New York, or something similar i think.

Anyway, my classes and real college started last wednesday. I just finished my reading for my only class today (at 4) and now I'm back to AT:):p

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
Originally posted by: rh71
Instead of SUNY, you went to a CC. You're not really @ college. I went to SUNY Buffalo and dorming+classes was the real college experience. Leaving from a house at a certain time to attend class and then going back home is NOT the college experience.

Somehow SUNY Buffalo was rated the #6 biggest party school in the country this year. It wasn't the case when I graduated from there in '99, but we still had a lot of fun. That's a real college experience... but it's different for everyone... being close to your gf might matter more to you... I'm all for that.

Yeah, I was really looking forward to leaving the house, since my mother and I dont really get along too well. But then I met my gf, and that coupled with the 10 grand a year tuition with no scholarships at all (and since I would be in the top 1% in SUNY Fredonia, my school of choice, this was surprising. Their minimum SAT scores were like 800 or something, and I got 1390; minimum GPA was like 82, and I have a 94... And still they offer me no scholarships...)

The only good things about going to a CC is the lower cost and being with my gf.

kh3443

May 31, 2002
I envy you, I wish I could of started over at my college years. I just graduated 6 months ago and hating the "real world." Good luck and enjoy it, its an journey you won't forget.

LanEvoVI

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2001
Hehe...i started yesterday too. The only thing that kills me is that I have no meal plan so the cost of getting food all the time is really expensive.

SWirth86

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2001
First day of 11th grade for me today..... I'm aiding for the Computer Science teacher now:)