Bah - CoD4 Not working

racolvin

Golden Member
Jul 26, 2004
built this new rig for gaming and everything has been just dandy - until Sunday when I tried to install/play CoD4.

it installed fine, downloaded the patches fine but when I try to actually play the single-player version - no dice. "Please Insert Correct DVD.." bullcrap. Tried the shift key thing, etc but could never make it work.

Anyone wanna buy a copy of CoD4? New, never used :)

ronach

Oct 9, 1999
Gamecopyworld is my friend..should be yours as well for times like this. My thoughts on PC gameing is this..buy the game..then do what you have to in order to get your purchase to run satisfactorily on your sys. If that isn't legal..then it should be.

Feb 16, 2005
I legally bought the game and had the same exact issue. go to game copy world dot com, they have the links there. And I guess if you legally own the game, you can rightfully do this.
I don't know why CoD4 craps out like this, but I read link after useless link on how to fix it. Nothing worked. The no-cd hack worked like a champ tho! :D

CrazyLazy

Platinum Member
Jun 21, 2008
There have been a lot of issues with the 1.7 patch and the install messing up multiplayer, but I can't say I have heard of the same issue with Singleplayer. I would try contacting the Activision tech support. If they don't help I would move on to the other methods that have already been mentioned.

Shortass

May 13, 2004
Originally posted by: Sheik Yerbouti
I legally bought the game and had the same exact issue. go to game copy world dot com, they have the links there. And I guess if you legally own the game, you can rightfully do this.
I don't know why CoD4 craps out like this, but I read link after useless link on how to fix it. Nothing worked. The no-cd hack worked like a champ tho! :D

It's exactly why GCW.com even still exists; it's a legal way to remove cd requirements. I crack all of my games legally purchased since I have quite a lot, and I hate switching out cd's more than pretty much anything. Great site.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
So you got a bad disc. You can always exchange it at the B&M you bought it from. There's no refund for opened games, but it's a known fact that you can exchange for the exact same item if you got a faulty game.

Ps. 8GB is overkill.

racolvin

Golden Member
Jul 26, 2004
bought it from Amazon, not an easy return as taking it to Best Buy. guess i'll try the GCW thing...

p.s I like my 8GB and I don't care if its "overkill" :)

Runes911

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2000
I thought they removed the CD check a few patches ago. Or was that only for multiplayer? I know I havent needed the CD in months.

Cycad

Golden Member
Oct 18, 2000
same problem here can someone help me. Game worked for a day. i went on vacation for 2 days came back home and it said "Please insert the correct DVD"

This is a legal copy. i did an entire rebuild to play this game and I can't get it to work

racolvin

Golden Member
Jul 26, 2004
I didn't want to play it bad enough to jump through the hoops to make it work so I sold it :)

Oct 20, 2005
Originally posted by: Cycad
same problem here can someone help me. Game worked for a day. i went on vacation for 2 days came back home and it said "Please insert the correct DVD"

This is a legal copy. i did an entire rebuild to play this game and I can't get it to work

Find a crack/no CD key. Probably the easiest solution.