baffled is stuck on AOL, get in here and help her quick!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
OMG, baffled is muffled!

Who is this muffler who has baffled both muffled and baffled as to how not to be muffled? Baffled must be miffed about being muffled. Mister, I miss her. She's better than butter.

We must muster up a booster who can better baffled's bitter lack of access to our interactive process, this forum which of for us, for without her we are "poor us". :Q;)

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

<< There is also safeweb.com, but I don't think it masks ip address. She would have to use another dialup service. Or setup terminal services on her home box. >>

Safeweb is so gone :(

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
I believe she has attbi for cable service.

If so, I believe they offer 10 hours of free dialup service for travel use.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
<< ... its 75.00 an hour since she was certified. >>

Yeah. $50 per hour for the work, and an extra $25 for customers with a bad attitude. :D

In my work, I practice Double for Dumb principle. If someone asks about doing something to their equipment (computer, guitar amp, or whatever else I'm supposed to know about on a professional level), and at no charge, I warn them that what they are about to attempt could be harmful to the gear, and they do it, anyhow, I charge double my normal rate to fix it. That's once for the job and once for the insult of not taking the good advice I gave them for nothing. :cool:

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
baffled wants me to inform you all, she is leaving work with a lighter heart and heavier pockets, and will soon be home to harass you all in person again. ;)

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000

<< Safeweb is so gone >>

Ack! Well that sucks, I used to use them all the time. Oh well.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

<< She said that was low and she will get you for that. (edited for forgotten smiley) ;)

Hey, I just realized, I could be evil speaking for her, (though I never would) then I could say things and she would get blamed. I need an angel face smiley here about now. :D
>>

LOL, you could never be "evil" Yeeny (shhh!! I know,But we gotta keep em all lulled around here) trhank you very much for serving as the GF Proxy who spoke for me from the AOL land of the undead :)