alt.binaries.cd.image.playstation2.dvdiso
alt.binaries.cd.image.xbox
alt.binaries.dvd
alt.binaries.dvdr
alt.binaries.misc
alt.binaries.nl
alt.binaries.x

In addition, we are immediately placing a temporary moratorium on the
creation of any new binary News Groups on our service.

We hope this will be a temporary condition. Over the coming weeks, we will
be actively analyzing usage and feed data to determine an appropriate time
to reinstate these groups.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Best regards,

Rick - Verizon News Administrator

I wonder how many customers they'll lose because of this bonehead move.

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
lol...this sucks
adelphia has 20 days retentions and 300kb/s to fill up my pipe. verizon only has 10 days retention!

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by: DaWhim
lol...this sucks
adelphia has 20 days retentions and 300kb/s to fill up my pipe. verizon only has 10 days retention!

Adelphia has a server?! I knew they had a server, but I was pretty sure it blew and had no retention so I went to giganews and have been paying 13 bucks for 10 gigs for about the past 6 months. If you could give me details, please PM me. Thanks!

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Originally posted by: bubbadu
Originally posted by: DaWhim
lol...this sucks

Adelphia has a server?! I knew they had a server, but I was pretty sure it blew and had no retention so I went to giganews and have been paying 13 bucks for 10 gigs for about the past 6 months. If you could give me details, please PM me. Thanks!

This might help :)

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
Bonehead? Because they want to stop people from pirating stuff?

I agree. I feel music is meant to be free, especially since most new stuff sucks anyways, but alot of excellent games are out there that deserve to be supported. That is what demos are for. Some movies you may never get a chance to see if you don't go through these channels, so I have very little against them, unless it's mainstream stuff.

I guess some people just won't pay for anything if they get the chance. Sort of like shoplifting in a store that has no cameras.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Coquito
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
Bonehead? Because they want to stop people from pirating stuff?

I agree. I feel music is meant to be free, especially since most new stuff sucks anyways, but alot of excellent games are out there that deserve to be supported. That is what demos are for. Some movies you may never get a chance to see if you don't go through these channels, so I have very little against them, unless it's mainstream stuff.

I guess some people just won't pay for anything if they get the chance. Sort of like shoplifting in a store that has no cameras.

I feel that you should work for the rest of your life and never get paid.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Assuming that people only use these newsgroups to pirate and never purchase any of the products is pretty asinine. There are a lot of people that do download stuff to evaluate games. Not all games release demos.