Bad idea on part of Netanyahu. Drawing a "red line"

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What an incredibly stupid thing to say, IMHO, Hayabusa. As my basic argument is based on where we were is the USA in 1952. And where we are now after a subsequent 60 years of stupid US foreign and domestic policy.

As I ask the members of the forum, who is that he referred by Hayabausa, in quote, "he hasn't caught up to todays issues"

And when I base my arguement on where we in the USA were in 1952 and where we are now, not only do you respond to that comparison, you are delusional and in denial about how far we in the USA have fallen since 1952.

Unrelated question:

Where are you from? You post so....strangely....that I wonder are you from Iran but a naturalized American or something?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What an incredibly stupid thing to say, IMHO, Hayabusa. As my basic argument is based on where we were is the USA in 1952. And where we are now after a subsequent 60 years of stupid US foreign and domestic policy.

As I ask the members of the forum, who is that he referred by Hayabausa, in quote, "he hasn't caught up to todays issues"

And when I base my arguement on where we in the USA were in 1952 and where we are now, not only do you respond to that comparison, you are delusional and in denial about how far we in the USA have fallen since 1952.
So we're so fallen because then we covertly overthrew a Democratically
elected leader then but now are willing to offer a plan which meets Iran's and everyone er lses concerns while at the same time defusing tensions which if allowed to continue will result in harm to Iranian citizens. A weird perspective that you can only justify by begging the question. You can't even talk about specifics of what the west can offer. LEU is something the P5+1 wanted to discuss with Iran but were blown off. I suspect your answer to any of that is to not answer. It appears that you have a psychological block which prevents you from a basic idea of todays reality. Dont stop at history not being repeated from the 50's. Tell us about Cyrus the Great, who has nothing to do with this either. Perhaps you suffer from a form of aphasia.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Unrelated question:

Where are you from? You post so....strangely....that I wonder are you from Iran but a naturalized American or something?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will be glad to respond to that question, chucky2. I was born in the USA as one of the early baby boomers. Both my father and mother were also born in the USA and were automatically US citizens. My father and my mother's brother were in the armed services during WW2. As both my father and my Uncle used the GI bill to econically advance advance themselves in the job market. Shortly after I was born my father became a newly minited PH'd and I spent my formative years in a mid-west large land grant college and University with an international reputation. As the people I grew up with, and their children I grew up with, had similar and sometimes divergent backgrounds. But when my father was in an academic envoirment, and everyones bread and butter and future depends on publish or perish, coalaberation and co-operation with your fellow Professors become the key to anyone's future. The idea of a the renisisance man who could master all aspects of a given academic speciality had died 100's of years ago. So even in a major university, my father and everyone else had to seek help from others in their increasingingly ever more specialized disiplines.

But on the whole, everyone I grew up with were liberal liberal liberal, and in the 50's were asking the same questions I am asking now.

Hope it explains it too you chuck, as I still blame conservative conseratives and conservatives for screwing up all out futures.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will be glad to respond to that question, chucky2. I was born in the USA as one of the early baby boomers. Both my father and mother were also born in the USA and were automatically US citizens. My father and my mother's brother were in the armed services during WW2. As both my father and my Uncle used the GI bill to econically advance advance themselves in the job market. Shortly after I was born my father became a newly minited PH'd and I spent my formative years in a mid-west large land grant college and University with an international reputation. As the people I grew up with, and their children I grew up with, had similar and sometimes divergent backgrounds. But when my father was in an academic envoirment, and everyones bread and butter and future depends on publish or perish, coalaberation and co-operation with your fellow Professors become the key to anyone's future. The idea of a the renisisance man who could master all aspects of a given academic speciality had died 100's of years ago. So even in a major university, my father and everyone else had to seek help from others in their increasingingly ever more specialized disiplines.

But on the whole, everyone I grew up with were liberal liberal liberal, and in the 50's were asking the same questions I am asking now.

Hope it explains it too you chuck, as I still blame conservative conseratives and conservatives for screwing up all out futures.

Really I just wanted to know the real reason why you post so...strangely. I'm being serious here, I'm not trying to poke fun or denigrate you. You post so off the wall I just figured you were from a foreign country and English wasn't your first language. Do you have some type of condition or something that makes you post like this?