Bad Card?

E-baby

Jul 19, 2010
I have a 8800GT. About 2 months ago I was getting massive over heating issues thanks to lack of thermal paste. So a simple and quick fix. But recently when playing Sc II I have been having issues. After a few games my monitor will blink then just go black. The sound loops so I know it is not the monitor. Also the screen may start to bug out (cant think of a better description) and go back to normal and freeze for a few seconds then normal and eventually Sc II will shut down. If I continue to run my computer eventually while just browsing the internet the same thing will occur. I have checked my Card temp and it does not go over 75 which is okay for a 8800. So I am thinking the card has about had it. Secondly if the card is done for what should I purchase to replace it with? budget is about $200... My Specs Asus M2N32-SLI motherbaord Athlon 64 dual core processor 6 Gigs ddr2 ram

nenforcer

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2008
Well if you were trying to save money I would recommend you get another 8800GT and try to SLI them with your motherboard with the new card as the primary card.

However, it just seems more simple to purchase a brand new GT 460 1GB and be done with it.