Bacon Jerky might be the death of me

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
While I was waiting in line at Walmart to pay for my $3 printer paper (because I'm a cheap bastard), I noticed that Oberto now has Bacon Jerky. It was sitting right to the other impulse items at the register, practically daring me to try it. I love bacon and I love beef jerky, so putting these two together should be a marriage made in heaven, right?

Overcome by curiosity, I ripped open the bag and tried a piece in the car once I got to the parking lot. Believe it or not, it was surprisingly good! It tastes like that last piece of bacon leftover on the breakfast plate... cold, slightly greasy, but still mighty damn tasty. It had a nice salty and smoky flavor, with just a hint of sweetness. Five minutes later, I had finished off the entire bag. Yes, I have no shame.

Sadly, I'll probably need to avoid buying this again in the future. Looking at the Nutrition Facts panel, it looks like I would die of a heart attack at 40 if I ate this on a daily basis. They would probably also need to bury me in a piano box.

Has anyone else tried this stuff? If so, what did ya think of it?

Fatdog

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2000
.......... It tastes like that last piece of bacon leftover on the breakfast plate... cold, slightly greasy, but still mighty damn tasty...........

Put it on the defroster vents for a couple minutes. Makes all the difference.

jumpncrash

Feb 11, 2010
You're forgot about the big breasted hot chick wearing daisy duke shorts :)

Seriously... am I the only one who's had to guts to try this?

I've actually never seen any, but I'll try to notice next time I go to walmart...not that I go very often

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I've actually never seen any, but I'll try to notice next time I go to walmart...not that I go very often

It seems to be a brand new product. I Googled it, and it seems that they just released it this month. I haven't seen any reviews yet, though. I guess that I'm the first one!

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
Put it on the defroster vents for a couple minutes. Makes all the difference.

Maybe you could be a few pieces on the car motor itself. When you got home, not only would your car smell awesome, you would have some hot tasty bacon to eat. :hmm:

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
My office smells like bacon now. Hope the vegetarians/vegans around here don't mind. :sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.