Back to the gym

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
After going 4-5x a week for 3 1/2 weeks I got the flu and haven't been there in a week.Time to go start over again before I lose even more ground.

What should I do,upper,abs and cardio?lower,abs and cardio or just cardio?

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
depends on what you are going for.

i personally would be more into the cardio/ light weight high reps as i just want to be in shape, not really built.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
First day back just take it easy and don't over do it. A week off sometimes is good for you as it gives your muscles/joints time to heal

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I would pick up right where you left off. Just make sure you sleep and eat well before heading out the door. I'm sure your muscles had a pretty good rest, so make sure you do 15 minutes of stretching before anything with a light 5 minute warm up.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
First day back just take it easy and don't over do it. A week off sometimes is good for you as it gives your muscles/joints time to heal
What he said. :)

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
A week should be fine if you take it a little easy the first couple times and stretch plenty beforehand. Just don't do what I did and hit the weights really hard after not lifting for 3 weeks. I did that on Monday and I'm still really, really sore. So be smarter than me...which shouldn't be too hard ;)

And remember to enjoy, working out can be a lot of fun if you do it right.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
I took 5 weeks off from training and I went back to Gymnastics on Sunday and usual weightlifting on Monday. I am still sore today. I thought fvck it and went back to normal stuff. Now I am paying the price. Well it happens...

Koing

jjyiz28

Platinum Member
Jan 11, 2003
when i got the flu like couple years ago, i was out for like 1 week. i didn't drink or eat much, i lost 10 lbs. from 170 to 160. took awhile to get my strength back, it sucks getting flu.

getting injured isn't as bad though. sure you are weak as hell when u start up again, but several month after the injury, my triceps are stronger than ever.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: jjyiz28
when i got the flu like couple years ago, i was out for like 1 week. i didn't drink or eat much, i lost 10 lbs. from 170 to 160. took awhile to get my strength back, it sucks getting flu.

getting injured isn't as bad though. sure you are weak as hell when u start up again, but several month after the injury, my triceps are stronger than ever.
Going back to working out after a bout with the flu is tough right at the first because your energy level isn't what it was prior to getting sick. After a couple of sessions in the gym though you should be up to speed.