Babysitting While Black..

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
"Those who would sacrifice essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

But hey, I guess it's ok when you're sacrificing others' essential liberties to purchase your own temporary safety, right?

Whatever you choose to believe.

As for my children's safety, I would always go for the better safe than sorry path. Maybe others ( you ) don't care as much for their children. Sorry for your children.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

As for my children's safety, I would always go for the better safe than sorry path. Maybe others ( you ) don't care as much for their children. Sorry for your children.
No children were in danger here.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
There is no new information about this in your post. My other posts stands as she was concerned about the children's welfare.
She was concerned because the guy was black. Police confirmed. As with the existing while black thread if we are in a place where people like you think we don't belong police are being called.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
No children were in danger here.

That is an easy call after the fact.

I didn't say that they were. The lady that called obviously thought that they possibly were.

You are jumping to a conclusion that she called due to racism which is based on your assumption with little factual data to back it up.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
She was concerned because the guy was black. Police confirmed. As with the existing while black thread if we are in a place where people like you think we don't belong police are being called.

Yes, you are so persecuted...

Flip it around and lets say a person called the police because they thought your kids were in danger and they were in the back seat with a white person driving. Would you consider that caller to be racist also?

I would not.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Flip it around and lets say a person called the police because they thought your kids were in danger and they were in the back seat with a white person driving. Would you consider that caller to be racist also?

I would not.
I cant even... your mother cant fly, a rock cant fly thus... your mother must be a rock.
Good job.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

I would not.

So you're saying reverse racism is a myth?

Reactions: cytg111

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

I would not.
Did you read what the police said or is that just another inconvenient fact you choose to ignore because it goes against your per-conceived notions?

That's how it seems to work with conservatives. Again police stated no evidence children were in danger other then the driver being black. Seems it takes Toby being beaten in front of your eyes to acknowledge a problem.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

You can never guarantee safety.

People change lots of laws and spend tons of money to FEEL safe, so they can sleep at night. Something I learned in my time on planet earth is the people who FEEL safest tend to be quite ignorant of whats actually dangerous or how to mitigate danger.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

People change lots of laws and spend tons of money to FEEL safe, so they can sleep at night. Something I learned in my time on planet earth is the people who FEEL safest tend to be quite ignorant of whats actually dangerous or how to mitigate danger.

It's funny he's arguing for nanny state mindset, eh? Helicopter parents, away!

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

I didn't say that they were. The lady that called obviously thought that they possibly were.

You are jumping to a conclusion that she called due to racism which is based on your assumption with little factual data to back it up.

I haven't jumped to any conclusions here. I'm just observing that a law abiding citizen was stopped without cause, and that a self-proclaimed 'small government conservative' in this thread is okay with that.

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004

If there was something else, it is a reasonable assumption that this information would have been shared at this point. As of right now, all the facts point to the suspicious behavior being the color of his skin.

If you are advocating better safe than sorry, does that mean you support government surveillance cameras in all public spaces? I personally don't, but I would prefer that over presuming suspicion due to the color of a person's skin.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Im trying to find your frequency.. getting close.

Don't forget the red duct tape..

I don't know.. There are some that are PERFECTLY safe..

Or, at least THINK they are..

1425_3.jpg

If you are advocating better safe than sorry, does that mean you support government surveillance cameras in all public spaces? I personally don't, but I would prefer that over presuming suspicion due to the color of a person's skin.

You haven't been keeping up. He supports them in his home as well.

TOTAL SAFETY.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Did you read what the police said or is that just another inconvenient fact you choose to ignore because it goes against your per-conceived notions?

That's how it seems to work with conservatives. Again police stated no evidence children were in danger other then the driver being black. Seems it takes Toby being beaten in front of your eyes to acknowledge a problem.

So you will not answer my question. OK.

Nobody was beaten or abused during this, you are being obtuse.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005

I would say I feel sorry for your children, but you can't even get laid...