Babysitting While Black..

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
The kids were eating ice cream. They weren’t screaming and yelling for help. He wasn’t dragging them into the car. What is the basis for making that call other than black due, white kids?

I admire you guys willingness to take this one more round. Hope you will have better luck than I... Just saying, pcgeek is allergic to corners of truth, he will smell that trap a mile away, bob and weave, duck tuck and roll before letting and level of reality or logic dictate his opinions. Its all about that feel and absolute inability to adapt his thinking.
Wait. Thats the very definition of a conservative isnt it? All bout the feel? And unwillingness/inability to adapt? Think so.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
What was is based on? If your answer is "I don't know I wasn't there" then it could be racism.

Change the babysitter to white and ask yourself, is the call made?

Hell it " Could Be " anything. We don't know and should not jump to conclusions.

The call may be made, we don't know. Then again I'm not jumping to a conclusion...

Last edited:

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I admire you guys willingness to take this one more round. Hope you will have better luck than I... Just saying, pcgeek is allergic to corners of truth, he will smell that trap a mile away, bob and weave, duck tuck and roll before letting and level of reality or logic dictate his opinions. Its all about that feel and absolute inability to adapt his thinking.
Wait. Thats the very definition of a conservative isnt it? All bout the feel? And unwillingness/inability to adapt? Think so.

I'm just not willing to assign racism to every case where there is a white person and a black person involved. Everything doesn't involve race.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I'm just not willing to assign racism to every case where there is a white person and a black person involved. Everything doesn't involve race.
So should the police stop every white guy with kids? Hey, man, could be a kidnapper!

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
So every time we don't know, we need to err on the side of caution and call the government in, right?
I mean, that IS what you're saying.

No, that isn't what I am saying. Learn to read.
If someone thought they saw a crime they should report it, regardless. It is better to check it esp since they were concerned for the children's safety.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
If someone thought they saw a crime they should report it, regardless. It is better to check it esp since they were concerned for the children's safety.
What crime was supposedly witnessed again? Oh that's right, you don't know. But better safe than sorry, right, Comrade?

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
What crime was supposedly witnessed again? Oh that's right, you don't know. But better safe than sorry, right, Comrade?
Only reason a black man would be around white kids is to kidnap/molest them , am i doing this right pcgeek11? Better to be safe right

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Pictures of my children from 26 years ago..
Munchkins.gif

Can you imagine what would happen if I were driving down the street with them today as a black man?

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004

How is a man standing with kids eating ice cream even a potential crime?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005

Any answer I would give would be an assumption as it wasn't stated in the article.

Yes, it is better safe than sorry.

Oh and I'm not your Comrade.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Only reason a black man would be around white kids is to kidnap/molest them , am i doing this right pcgeek11? Better to be safe right

I don't really care if he was purple and the kids were green. Color has nothing to do with my statements.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
In case you were interested here is the crime. The mother of the two kids recounts her conversation with the police
“I said, ‘Are you saying that because there’s an African American male driving my two white kids, that he was stopped and pulled over and questioned?’ and he said, ‘I’m sorry ma’am, that’s exactly what I’m saying,” Mango told CBS 46.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/apos-babysitting-while-black-apos-180208889.html

Do you have any more questions or are you unwilling to take the word of the mother and the police?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Any answer I would give would be an assumption as it wasn't stated in the article.

Yes, it is better safe than sorry.

Oh and I'm not your Comrade.
"Those who would sacrifice essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

But hey, I guess it's ok when you're sacrificing others' essential liberties to purchase your own temporary safety, right?

Nov 25, 2013
"Those who would sacrifice essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

But hey, I guess it's ok when you're sacrificing others' essential liberties to purchase your own temporary safety, right?

"SIEGEL: So far from being a pro-privacy quotation, if anything, it's a pro-taxation and pro-defense spending quotation.

WITTES: It is a quotation that defends the authority of a legislature to govern in the interests of collective security. It means, in context, not quite the opposite of what it's almost always quoted as saying but much closer to the opposite than to the thing that people think it means."

https://www.npr.org/2015/03/02/3902...safety-quote-lost-its-context-in-21st-century

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005