Babysitting While Black..

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
For those that are struggling to understand why this is a serious issue, its been demonstrated by several posters in this thread. The problem is that too many in America consider being black to be suspicious behavior.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
For those that are struggling to understand why this is a serious issue, its been demonstrated by several posters in this thread. The problem is that too many in America consider being black to be suspicious behavior.
Racism is too narrow a description for their malfunction. They live in constant fear of others is what it is. Could have/might have/better safe than sorry. As long as it's others and not them.
And then there's Slow, who constantly complains he's been victimized by 'leftists,' with an unending stream of conspiracy theories and bizarre hyperbole, but when others complain of victimization by the state, his antipathetical response is that 'leftists' made them victims too.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Sued? What for exactly? You want people to be afraid to call the police if they think they see a kidnapping? Fucking brilliant.

You know what the difference between you and I or this guy and me is? It is this, if I was babysitting a couple of younger girls for a friend and the cops stopped me in public to check out the situation because someone called and thought something wash't right, once everything was cleared I'd have a good laugh with the cops, thank them for doing their job, and tell them that it was ok that someone called, I'd rather be inconvenienced for a few minutes while we sort things out than have a child kidnapped / forced into human trafficking. You and this guy run to social media to be outraged and be victims. You look for any angle to blame the white man and be a victim. This is the mentality that has been drilled into you by the left.
The streets are littered with fathers and their kids. If the police stopped all of them to question they couldn't do their real job.

So I ask you what made this group so suspicious that a woman just had to follow them and call the police??

Reactions: DarthKyrie

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Maybe if you translate this into emojis people like Slow can comprehend.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
No, this is because you're a bootlicker who doesn't question authority. And also because you've probably never been stopped without cause.

Wrong. When I was younger every single time I got stopped my car got searched, they'd ask permission or threaten to call in the dogs if I declined. I was a kid with fast cars and often had minority friends with me, I got overly bothered by the cops. I lean Libertarian and wish for limited government. I'm against things like stop and frisk. But, with that said, this entire thread is a bunch of melodrama create a victim garbage.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
The streets are littered with fathers and their kids. If the police stopped all of them to question they couldn't do their real job.

So I ask you what made this group so suspicious that a woman just had to follow them and call the police??

I don't know, we didn't get that information. Everything we've been given is framed to create a victim.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I don't know, we didn't get that information. Everything we've been given is framed to create a victim.
I bet you didn't go back and read the existing while black thread. Not interested in learning some facts about this kind of thing?

Not surprising

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I bet you didn't go back and read the existing while black thread. Not interested in learning some facts about this kind of thing?

Not surprising

Learn something by a thread in AT P&N? A thread from this hard left board is your backup to prove something evil happened here? No thanks.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
We've heard one side of a story spun to make liberal hearts bleed... you have only heard one side of the story and this is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Is this a real problem in America? Black baby sitters are being visited by the police regularly if they are watching white kids? You lemming wusses fall right in order without even a hint of thought, right to social media to be offended.

You remind me of someone, and I don't mean Tajbot.

T97GtRp.jpg

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Learn something by a thread in AT P&N? A thread from this hard left board is your backup to prove something evil happened here? No thanks.
lol
Your head would probably explode if you went to an actual hard left forum.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Wrong. When I was younger every single time I got stopped my car got searched, they'd ask permission or threaten to call in the dogs if I declined. I was a kid with fast cars and often had minority friends with me, I got overly bothered by the cops. I lean Libertarian and wish for limited government. I'm against things like stop and frisk. But, with that said, this entire thread is a bunch of melodrama create a victim garbage.
Cool story, bro. So what was suspicious about the babysitting guy again?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
It's funny how you complain that 'leftists' are always making people into victims while you are always making yourself into a victim.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
It's funny how you complain that 'leftists' are always making people into victims while you are always making yourself into a victim.

Our friends on the right have trouble with Hypocrisy.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
We've heard one side of a story spun to make liberal hearts bleed... you have only heard one side of the story and this is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Is this a real problem in America? Black baby sitters are being visited by the police regularly if they are watching white kids? You lemming wusses fall right in order without even a hint of thought, right to social media to be offended.

There's only "one side of the story", because the crying cvnt is hiding, and the cops are too embarassed to say anything..

Sued? What for exactly? You want people to be afraid to call the police if they think they see a kidnapping? Fucking brilliant.

You know what the difference between you and I or this guy and me is? It is this, if I was babysitting a couple of younger girls for a friend and the cops stopped me in public to check out the situation because someone called and thought something wash't right, once everything was cleared I'd have a good laugh with the cops, thank them for doing their job, and tell them that it was ok that someone called, I'd rather be inconvenienced for a few minutes while we sort things out than have a child kidnapped / forced into human trafficking. You and this guy run to social media to be outraged and be victims. You look for any angle to blame the white man and be a victim. This is the mentality that has been drilled into you by the left.

One can't help but wonder how much time you spend peeking into neighborhood windows at night..

DecimalNegligibleBettong-mobile.jpg

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

Made myself a victim? No idea what you're talking about. Carry on about the cops investigating a possible situation and then everyone going their separate ways peacefully when nothing was found. Again... the horror!

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
There's only "one side of the story", because the crying cvnt is hiding, and the cops are too embarassed to say anything..

One can't help but wonder how much time you spend peeking into neighborhood windows at night..

DecimalNegligibleBettong-mobile.jpg

Pathetic. Tell me more about how someone should be sued for calling the police when they think a potential kidnapping is in progress.

Cozarkian

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2012
We don't know, we weren't there. We can't say what happened, but I'm sure you'll project to fill in the gaps to your liking...

The burden here should be on the woman and cops to establish sufficient evidence to justify the stop. If there is only one side, it is because they didn't meet that burden. This is a good article on the incident: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...zed-after-white-woman-called-cops-he-says.amp

I get why the cops felt they had to respond, bot there should be some protections in place. Specifically, 911 needs to ask why the caller thinks the behavior is suspicious and to keep asking questions to make sure there is something more than different skin color.

Reactions: Aegeon
Nov 25, 2013

Oh the horror, you might be exposed to a piece of factual information. C'mon, plug those ears and cover those eyes.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Pathetic. Tell me more about how someone should be sued for calling the police when they think a potential kidnapping is in progress.

Why don't you tell me how someone can suspect a kidnapping is in progress, excluding that they belong to the psychic hotline.

You better pray I never see you out with your children, or grandchildren, assuming some chick was crazy enough to allow you to procreate. We'll see how you act when you find yourself being pulled over.

And yes, someone can bring a civil action, if it can be shown, usually by their prior behavior, that a report was made with malice. And I'll bet dollars to doughnuts, that this is not the first time that silly bitch has reported a black person for something. There is no way that guy is patient zero.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
We don't know, we weren't there. We can't say what happened, but I'm sure you'll project to fill in the gaps to your liking...
You were the one who said that there must have something suspicious to justify the stop, but now I'm in the wrong for asking what that something might have been?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Made myself a victim? No idea what you're talking about. Carry on about the cops investigating a possible situation and then everyone going their separate ways peacefully when nothing was found. Again... the horror!

Dude, you are forever the victim. "Leftists! leftists! leftists!" are the source of all that ails you. And usually it's just some shit you made up because being exposed to differing opinions upsets you so!
But hey, you are now the only "libertarian" in history who has no issues at all with the government stopping law abiding citizens from going about their lawful business for no reason at all.
Hmm.. I wonder why..

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
If I'm honest this sounds like something that my right wing parents would do even though they profess to not be racist.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
I was pulled over once, only once, driving to Minot North Dakota, to pick up the girls from my sister-in-law's house where they had spent summer vacation. When my oldest wanted to know why the cop was bothering her daddy, the guy turned red as a tomato, and left us alone. I have a feeling that he must've told his buddies, because we had a smooth drive all the way back to Riverside California.

I kind of expect that treatment, in hick towns or areas, I don't expect it in a normal every day city environment.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
What about this might have led any reasonable person to believe that the children might have been kidnapped?

I don't know and cannot speak for that. I would still stand on the side of better safe than sorry.

I noticed you didn't answer my question.

Lets suppose that the children were kidnapped and someone saw it and blew it off even though they thought it was strange.
Then it comes out that the children were kidnapped. Would you blame them for not calling in that case?