baby bro/sis on the way

labrat25

Jan 7, 2004
I got back from a trip to baltimore for a research confrence on wednesday and had an odd "call me" message on my phone from my dad.

This is rather odd considering my Dad is a pretty talkative guy (a people-person) and not known for his vague messages.

So I called him, he said he'd called my bro (also in college) to say that my step-mom is pregnant, but today there was some trouble and they were worried they'd lost the baby. (My dad/step-mom are gettin older... so this is a big risk.) He wasn't sure what to do, considering they were supposed to leave for mexico thursday for work. (And I can tell he's worried, which is very rare for my dad.) Apparently my step-mom told him to go, she'd see the Dr. the next day.

So, thursday I had a message on my phone from my step-mom.

Not only was everything fine, but they saw a heartbeat on the ultra-sound (apparently it's early to see one).
So I've officially got a new baby brother/sister on the way :D

She was going to fly down and meet my dad in Mexico this weekend (I thought you couldn't fly when pregnant?)

As if not to make anything more crazy I got an email from my Dad today.. here's a quote that really suprised me "My understanding is that she might have been pregnant with twins" :D

So now not only do I have a baby sibling on the way, but now I've potentially got two!

Everyone is still worried, including me, but I'm excited too. :) New little bro/sis (possibly both) to play with and spoil.

I keep on thinking of You've got mail where Tom Hanks introduces his sister and uncle (both ~20 years younger than he is.

Who cares if I'm gonna be 42 when the baby turns 21, this is gonna be fun!

Sorry to rant but this is really cool and I hadta share.

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
:Q:Q:Q
OMG....20 years age difference!!!
my oldest sister with me is only about 10...:Q

labrat25

Jan 7, 2004
that's all right, i love kids...

only thing that would be weird is if/when i have any of my own