BABES and BEER IN THE LOUNGE!! Come One, Come All... Lifemapper needs your help

wischeez

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2004
Got your attention? GOOD !! TeAm Lifemapper needs your help. Even one computer will do. We are currently trying to get into the top 10 teams and hopefully get to Number 1 with your help.

There is a CLI download available here: CLI for all you guys that don't like all the fancy graphics.

As of the time you see above, we are in 15th place and looking to advance. Wouldn't you like to be a part of another TA team that's going to get ahead of BBR? I knew you would!!!

Join TODAY!! Babes and Beer in the lounge, compliments of

amdxborg:beer::D:beer:

amdxborg

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2002
lol...Cool thanx wischeez! :D

The babes are jumping up and down...They say they need new playthings...;) The girls are wearing us out and there's just to much cold beer! Plz help...:D

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Can i get in on the Beer And Babes for a BUMP

<homer simpson voice>DOH!</homer simpson voice>

;)

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
Hey guys ... who said that I can't handle those babes?? No need to join for the babes and beer ppl, but we need you for he CRUNCH!!! :D;)

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: amdxborg
Plz help! These babes jut can't get enough...and I've had enough...:D

rotflmao...liar;)

that there install guide is a bit daunting for a newbie lol
just a heads up
<----is a noob -so be kind in your dealings.I have always had trouble trying to get
something to work I don't understand.And even though I have run the cli for seti
the readme file has a whole bunch of things that are "touched on" but no examples given
Like the proxy server...Is it necessary/and the letter"-x" is it also necessary

It could be that I am the only one that found that confusing, as stated above
these things differ from the other projects I have tried.

No help is necessary...I was hoping someone could sum it up better for us.

mike

and a big bump back to the top:)

amdxborg

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2002
Hey Mike...well

lol...well...OK...;) The -x is only needed if ur using a proxy server...if not...then you don't need it...

This is the help file...and this is the readme for the service installer...

Actuall there is an example given:

eg. "AppParameters"=" -x http://192.168.1.10:8080 -e mail@youraddress.com -c 10"

-x proxy server
-e e-mail account registered at lifemapper
-c amount of jobs to be cached

If you can't get it working...plz ask and I'll go through it with you step by step, no proplem. ;)

ps...the girls are coming at me again...

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
You must have a rough life here with the women wanting to ravish you guys so badly
I am sure help is on the way,As no real man would let you have to deal with such a problem without jumping to your aid.:D

bump
mike

wischeez

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2004
Johan.... My computer burped and the CLI service no longer runs as a service. I have to have it on the desktop or in the taskbar to run. What happened and how do I fix it? I still haven't been able to get the program to cache any Units either....... Be gentle, I am a Car Mechanic you know:)

**to the Top with you**

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
@wischeez:

open a command promp and then type the following in your LM directory: "lifemapper_cmd -e youremailhere -c thenumberofWUShere" --> "lifemapper_cmd -e wischeez@ta.com -c 100" <-- that would make your LM cache 100 WUs for u. After they have been downloaded, start the CLI the following: "lifemapper_cmd -f" The "f" flag will make LM consume all cached WUs first beofre it looks on the LM server for new ones. :)

amdxborg

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2002
What BMC said.
Have you restarted ur computer, if not, try that first.
Read the readme file for the service installer on how to remove the service, or just dclick the install.bat to remove and again to install the service.
To cache wu, just add -c xxx (xxx is the amount to be cached)
Read the help file here: http://ghr.sytes.net/lifemapper/help.htm
There's a lifemapper_cmd.exe.bat file if you want to run it with an open window.

Plz ask if it's still not working. ;)

wischeez

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2004
I think I did it under regedit. Says I've got cached WU's and running as a service again after stop-start.

Thanks Guys:)

amdxborg

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2002
Great wischeez! The babes say they like a guy who does a little stop-start...;) They asked if I could get you to join them in the hot tub...they've got a bottle of baby oil and no one to help them smear it on...:D