Babbages/Gamestop Question

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Is there any way to reserve a copy of a pre-release game online so that it can be picked up at the store on the exact day of release (instead of paying $9 for overnight shipping)?

Jombo

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2001
if yer gonna swing by to pick it up anyway, mind as well go and reserve it in store. i guess they aren't quite your best buy yet..

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Jombo
if yer gonna swing by to pick it up anyway, mind as well go and reserve it in store. i guess they aren't quite your best buy yet..

The point was to save me driving there simply to reserve it.

Actaeon

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2000
Originally posted by: DeathByAnts

Call them.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Actaeon

Call them.

They won't guarantee you a copy unless you put $5 down first. Which usually involves driving to the store.

Is there something terribly wrong with driving over there and putting money down?

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: amnesiac

Call them.

They won't guarantee you a copy unless you put $5 down first. Which usually involves driving to the store.

Is there something terribly wrong with driving over there and putting money down?

No, but it would cost $1 in gas each way:(

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003

Call them.

What do you drive, a Suburban?

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH

Call them.

97 Dodge RAM 1500 8cyl in Phoenix, AZ (think high temps) where gas is ~$1.80/gallon

What do you drive, a Suburban?

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003

Call them.

Bah, quit yer whining, your parents pay for your gas anyway!

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Thoreau
Call them.
Bah, quit yer whining, your parents pay for your gas anyway!

Yes, but it is still a waste of $$$ :D

Jombo

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2001
then just go there the day it comes out, or goto wahtever store. unless yer waiting for the next gt3 i'm sure you really dun need to reserve a copy.

i guess you never goto the mall then? but the more i think about this reply, the more i'm thinking i'm wasting my time.. *sigh*