Question AX210 Compatible with Lenovo T440s (with modded BIOS)?

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
As title states, has anybody used a Intel (made bey Fenvi) AX210 WiFi card in a Lenovo T440s with the appropriate BIOS modification?

Reason I am asking is because I need a new router and was looking at the ASUS RT-AX3000 and figured I could get a couple of the AX210 cards to install in the 2 T440s laptops I have (I am not doing any modeling so the T440s is still working fine for my needs) and possibly a 3rd going into a X570/Ryzen 5 3600 desktop i need to build. At this point, all of my network items are WiFi A/B/G/N/AC. I will be adding some WiFi A/C (power) switches and some RaspberryPis, but that is it, so thinking a max of 15 devices total at a max on the network. I would probably by 2 of the routers because of the way my condo is laid out, and everything is on a UPS. My internet connection is 150/10, next tier up us 600/15, do not really see a need to go up to that. One other item - I will be switching over to 2 ip phones, but 95%+ of my phone use is via cell phones that are using Voice over WiFi, so I gues that is a moot point. A network MFC network printer will be installed in the near future.
I watch TV using YoutubeTV, Netflix & Amazon Prime.

Current routers are a ASUS RT-N66U (no more firmware updates that I can find with the popular 3rd party router firmwares) and a ASUS RT-AC66U (close to same price as a ASUS RT-AX3000, but I am pretty sure 3rd party firmwares are still available AC66U, just not sure how much longer as I have had these routers for quite some time), unless looking in the wrong place, or I would just swap out the RT-66U (or is WPA3 that much better security wise than WPA2?).

Thanks for your time,
Bob - I know quite a bit if questions but appreciate your input