Awww damn I am on Dial up for the first time in two and a half years!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrCraphead

Platinum Member
Sep 20, 2000
Yeah, especially with such long threads, it just takes forever to load all the avatars. Maybe we should get rid of them? nnnnnaaaahhhhhh......:)

Asha'man

Oct 15, 1999
yep me too, when I go home for the summer I lose my switched 10Mbps internet connection :(

damn

Asha'man

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Dial-up used to be great before every website in the world started using java and complex graphics without proper compression. I had to go from a T1 with more bandwidth than anyone else on the switch(hehe...it pays to work for Network Services) to a dial-up when I moved. I thought I was going to die for a month or so. But DSL came through... Good luck on getting back up to speed. ;)

shawnmos

Banned
Dec 11, 2000

<< Dude, I am going to be on a 28.8 (actually less) for three months!

All I can say is WOMEN suck! My woman left me as well and I have to move back home for a couple months.
>>

Ha, 3 months on 28.8K, thats nothing. Try 6 months on 24K and counting.... :|

freebee

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2000
Dial up aint too bad. I use it as my primary connection, have a t3 remotely connected pc that i use to download stuff, go there, burn it onto a cd, and copy into my computer. Sure its a hassle, but it sure beats paying for dsl, though with impending graduation, my dial up account is going to be closed shortly. Looks like verizon is gettting another customer.

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

<< Of course it was one of the nicer things she ever did for me. >>

I like my wife, well as of now I still do............... ;)

SHUX