Aww.. damn. All my notes are missing! Stupid computer!!

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Just when I thought it just couldn't get any worse...

Damnit, my profile on my notebook computer that I use to take notes on my computer got corrupted! Now I can't see any of the files associated with this profile!! All of my notes and more importantly my gigs of pr0n are missing!! I know that these weren't deleted because there isn't any more space.

Damnit damnit damnit!!

Thats all of my first term notes!!

help?

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Should've exported your security certificates.

Can you access them from an Administrator account? (C:/Documents and Settings/*)

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: PipBoy
go back in time and backup your data.

if you can't go back that far, go back to 4:31 PM and post this in the right forums.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Why do you save the information under a profile?

I always have my data stored to a common folder incase something gets jammed inside a profile.

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper
Why do you save the information under a profile?

I always have my data stored to a common folder incase something gets jammed inside a profile.

Even my stuff in the shared folder is gone.

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
can't you just go into c:\documents and settings\userID\... right folder

to get to the files? Well, I guess you would be able to find them via search if that's the case and I imagine you already tried that as well so sounds like they are gone, time for a good diskchecking program?

Or did you use encryption or something?

I'm confused though because AFAIK profiles don't contain the actual data... but to be honest I don't spend much time with them.

[edit]This assumes it's a local pc w/ admin rights assigned and available to you via another UID[/edit]

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Encrypted files will be the only ones that will give you problems. If you encrypted that kind of stuff... You're a moron. If they weren't encrypted, they should be plainly accessible to an Administrator account. If they aren't plainly accessible, I suggest you check the physical integrity of your harddrive.

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: dman
can't you just go into c:\documents and settings\userID\... right folder

to get to the files? Well, I guess you would be able to find them via search if that's the case and I imagine you already tried that as well so sounds like they are gone, time for a good diskchecking program?

Or did you use encryption or something?

I'm confused though because AFAIK profiles don't contain the actual data... but to be honest I don't spend much time with them.

[edit]This assumes it's a local pc w/ admin rights assigned and available to you via another UID[/edit]

I can't find them in a search either, I know I shoudl be able to go in with the administrator account, or an account with an administrator priveliges and find them but they still don't show. This is annoying.

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Well I've found it.. sort of.

I went into my computer --> advanced --> user profiles

in there there is an account called Account Unkown and its status is listed as back up.

Is there any way to restore it?