Awesome private search add-on for Pale Moon/Firefox

G73S

Mar 14, 2012
After trying DuckDuckGo, and XI Search, I always find myself going back to Google.com

It finds the results I want better.

I just stumbled upon this.

I use an Add-On called Disconnect that stop websites from tracking you (similar to DoNotTrackMe). They also have a private search add-on, which allows you to search any search engine of your choice but without being tracked

Try it. after you install it, click on the icon on the top right, then choose "search privately from the omnibox/address bar" and "search engine websites"

now try to search in Google, and you will notice it the results are from google but just looks a bit different :)

https://disconnect.me/search

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
StartPage(from the same people as IxQuick) gives anonymized Google results. I still prefer DuckDuckGo.

G73S

Mar 14, 2012
I know you always recomend it. I just could never understand how you can live with its flaky search results, no option to view images or videos of a search result, unless you do it through Google, so it defies the whole need of DuckDuckGo.

I want one search engine to find everything I want, not have to hop between search engines to find diff. stuff.

just my 2 cents

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I know you always recomend it. I just could never understand how you can live with its flaky search results, no option to view images or videos of a search result, unless you do it through Google, so it defies the whole need of DuckDuckGo.

I want one search engine to find everything I want, not have to hop between search engines to find diff. stuff.

just my 2 cents

!i "search term" gives images, and !yt "search term" gives YouTube videos. Plus, there's hundreds of other convenient !bangs to tailor results. I use !w(wikipedia), !wt(wiktionary), and !a(amazon) regularly, plus there's a handful of other bangs I like, but don't use with as much frequency.