awesome idea for stopping theives

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I've always wondered, would a FM200 system hooked to an alarm system be illegal? If the alarm trips, it locks all doors/windows and fills the house with argon gas using the furnace ducting system. That would be a great thief deterrent. Well, not exactly deterrent, but lets just say they would not be leaving the house with your stuff. :lol:

Would not really work if you have pets though...

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
You'd be a dead man. Think this through. You build the system. You'd have to test it, you'd have to, you know you would, you couldn't not test it.

Polish3d

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
It would end up hurting a ton of innocent people (members of household) and very few thieves

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
FM200 is safe to breath. It sucks the heat out of a fire not the oxygen. Also FM200 is very expensive. Probably the gas alone would be over $30k+ for a house discharge ignoring the expense of installing the system.

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
Also in order to have a justifiable homicide in CA you have to fear for your life. If you are not home and thieves are killed by a alarm system trap, how was your life threatened?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Originally posted by: ironwing
You'd be a dead man. Think this through. You build the system. You'd have to test it, you'd have to, you know you would, you couldn't not test it.

You have to assume it's going to work, suppose you could activate the alarm then turn on a roomba or something. :p

But yeah was just a thought I had, doubt it would be legal or cost efficient. (did not realize it was THAT expensive though. :eek:)

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Brovane
FM200 is safe to breath. It sucks the heat out of a fire not the oxygen. Also FM200 is very expensive. Probably the gas alone would be over $30k+ for a house discharge ignoring the expense of installing the system.

You can save money by building the system out of 2x4's

l0cke

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2005
There is a security device that can spray pepper spray or CS gas in a room. Would be a bitch if set off accidentally though.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Originally posted by: l0cke
There is a security device that can spray pepper spray or CS gas in a room. Would be a bitch if set off accidentally though.

Cleanup wouldn't be fun either. :p

venkman

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2007
Originally posted by: I Saw OJ
I thought setting booby trap type devices were illegal.

I saw this movie about this demon child, who was home by himself, found out his house was gonna get robbed and instead of calling the cops like a normal human, he set up all of those horrible, satanic bobbie traps for the robbers so they would suffer immensely for the rest of their life.

I think it was called "The Omen"

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: JLee
Originally posted by: l0cke

Cleanup wouldn't be fun either. :p

You ain't kidding, that would suck. Ooops, the pepper spray sprinkler had a glitch again ;)

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
Originally posted by: RedSquirrel
Originally posted by: ironwing

You have to assume it's going to work, suppose you could activate the alarm then turn on a roomba or something. :p

But yeah was just a thought I had, doubt it would be legal or cost efficient. (did not realize it was THAT expensive though. :eek:)

this is horrible, this idea

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Originally posted by: venkman
Originally posted by: I Saw OJ
I thought setting booby trap type devices were illegal.

I saw this movie about this demon child, who was home by himself, found out his house was gonna get robbed and instead of calling the cops like a normal human, he set up all of those horrible, satanic bobbie traps for the robbers so they would suffer immensely for the rest of their life.

I think it was called "The Omen"

You sure you're not thinking of Home Alone?

JDMnAR1

Lifer
May 12, 2003
Originally posted by: YOyoYOhowsDAjello
Originally posted by: Brovane

You can save money by building the system out of 2x4's

:laugh: Wonder how that project turned out?