Awesome Epic Games Store Sale going on. What should I buy? HELP Picking games.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Help me! I want to buy a game maybe 2. I never played any of these. What should I buy? (all for PC) I really wish I could buy them all because I would! I think most are $10 right now which is crazy but unfortunately I can only buy 1 or 2 for the time being. Sorry for the long list.

1) Ashen (I Love Diablo 3 and Torchlight 1 *not 2 is it like that?)
2) Heave Rain
3)Satisfactory
4) Roller Coaster Tycoon Adventures
5) Outward
6) Wolrd War Z
7) Beyond Two Souls

Ranulf

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
I can recommend Satisfactory, its very good for early access. I would be wary of RCT Adventures, check around for reviews. RCT World from 2016 was horrible. WWZ looks ok but reviewers/streamers were hit or miss on it. The rest I don't know much about.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
I can recommend Satisfactory, its very good for early access. I would be wary of RCT Adventures, check around for reviews. RCT World from 2016 was horrible. WWZ looks ok but reviewers/streamers were hit or miss on it. The rest I don't know much about.
Its not like Factorio but in first/third person is it? I can't stand Factorio too complicated for my dumb brain lol. Appreciate the input.

Ranulf

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Many describe it as such. I've never played Factorio though. Its not too complicated when setting up production lines.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Many describe it as such. I've never played Factorio though. Its not too complicated when setting up production lines.
Oh awesome. I hated that about factorio the production lines and having to set everything up. Appreciate the input. Cheers.

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
I got ashen. Its not a diablo clone. Its much slower. More like dragon age or witcher (but scaled to indie budget)

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Anyone have any input on Outward? That's a coop RPG right?
I don't know I just wanted to say I asked some other people on a group and they said its nothing like Diablo 3 they said its more like the Witcher and Dragon Age so that's a big pass for me.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I got a Cheap Shark alert that Metro Exodus is $35 (normally $50) at Epic Games Store. I've been holding off buying it cause I told myself I need to finish at least one game before I buy it. But I decided to pick it up anyway since it was on sale. I'm planning on finishing Mass Effect Andromeda before starting Exodus but it's super slow going cause I hardly game. But dang man, Exodus looks so frickin great, I can't wait to play it. Then again I said the same about Red Dead 2 and have maybe two hours into that. God I'm a failure

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I got a Cheap Shark alert that Metro Exodus is $35 (normally $50) at Epic Games Store. I've been holding off buying it cause I told myself I need to finish at least one game before I buy it. But I decided to pick it up anyway since it was on sale. I'm planning on finishing Mass Effect Andromeda before starting Exodus but it's super slow going cause I hardly game. But dang man, Exodus looks so frickin great, I can't wait to play it. Then again I said the same about Red Dead 2 and have maybe two hours into that. God I'm a failure

I'm about to grab this one too. Anyone know if the "gold" version is worth the extra purchase as compared to buying the base game and expansion pack separately? (for some reason, buying them separately is $5 cheaper than buying the gold version which contains both components)

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Seems like the "Gold" edition comprises the entire season pass(es) for Exodus. I'm not sure about the expansion pack you're referring to. Here's what I just read: Metro Exodus Gold Edition Worth It?

If you're referring to the "Expansion Pass Pre-Purchase" where it says "Experience two new DLC journeys, starting with The Two Colonels (Summer 2019)" then I'd say the "Gold" edition would include that AND any further DLC. That's the way I read "entire season pass" but I'm not certain on it.

I kinda wish I would've gotten "Gold" now that I think about it but the way I game, I'll never use any DLC stuff for the game anyway. I did give in and start it this weekend, even though I haven't finished Mass Effect Andromeda (haven't even played it in weeks rofl). Because I'm weak. And because Exodus just looks so cool. I did get to a point where I had super low health and one shot killed me, and now I'm gonna have to backtrack a ways in the game and replay it so I can make it to that point with more health, cause I just couldn't get any further with so low health (tried a bunch of times). Oh well. I'm enjoying the game so far, taking my time and checking everything out and listening to the dialog.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Just glanced at the sale, lots of games I haven't heard of to consider. Hades and Observation are two, what bargains that $10 off makes some games. The first game I looked for, Elder Scrolls Online, isn't on the site.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Op's user name made me think he was shrill but he's been a member since 2012, way longer than the Epic store has been out.
I'm holding off on EPIC since I don't want another launcher. Unless Epic comes out with something that could get me over that hurdle I think I'll stay away. Same happened with Ubisoft, I was tempted by the Anno series but not enough to get Uplay.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Op's user name made me think he was shrill but he's been a member since 2012, way longer than the Epic store has been out.
I'm holding off on EPIC since I don't want another launcher. Unless Epic comes out with something that could get me over that hurdle I think I'll stay away. Same happened with Ubisoft, I was tempted by the Anno series but not enough to get Uplay.

This is how I feel as well. I'm already up to 4 launchers/stores to keep track of: Blizzard, GOG, Steam, Twitch. This is pretty much my limit. Otherwise I can easily see this getting out of hand and having to search through 20 different stores to find that game I want to play, because of course they will not play nice together and change their API's up regularly to thwart any attempt at making a solid front end.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Same question still coming up - sale is over soon, great chance with their $10 off, thinking about what games to get.