Aw man...

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
[rant] I hate dial-up! Grr...why don't they offer broadband in my area yet? AT&T was supposed to put the cable lines down a year ago! Where are they? That's why the city's sueing them, still though, I'm stuck here on my 56k!

I hadn't played Counter-Strike in a long while, but today I got the urge. No problem, I thought. I'll just go home and install it off the cd. Before I even did this though, I remembered that I'd need to download the update. So I check the CS website, and the update I need is 105 megs. Maybe if I were lucky, it'd finish in time for me to get up monday morning and go to school.

Ugh...I hate dial-up, and I really wish AT&T would get their act together and put the lines down already...[/rant]

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
If its any consolation, our broadband here goes down 5 times a day :D

wnied

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
ADSL here through Bellsouth.net. 1.5mb All the time.

Me Luvs ADSL
~wnied~

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
56k is sounding tempting right about now. My cable modem dies at least 25-30 times a day now, which entails unplugging the cable modem, waiting 2-3 minutes for it to reboot, and another minute for win2k to "unlock" itself from being in a sluggish mode. You don't have it SO bad d00d.

cheers

-=bmacd=-

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: bmacd
56k is sounding tempting right about now. My cable modem dies at least 25-30 times a day now, which entails unplugging the cable modem, waiting 2-3 minutes for it to reboot, and another minute for win2k to "unlock" itself from being in a sluggish mode. You don't have it SO bad d00d.

cheers

-=bmacd=-
You should seriously call your providor. Mine went down for 10 minutes the other day and I was on the phone with them right away. Apparently there was an outage and they fixed it right away, but you can bet that if stuff like that was happening to me, I'd be yelling at them day and night.