average joe 2 hawaii is on!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
eh, i watched the last 10 minutes... i think she's only keeping him around for image.

Kojak

Jul 31, 2001
What do y'all think is her "shocking secret" to be revealed next week? My wife thought she read that Larissa has a child/children.

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: Kojak
What do y'all think is her "shocking secret" to be revealed next week? My wife thought she read that Larissa has a child/children.
That could be it. But I can guarantee you it's not nearly as "shocking" as they are building it up to be.

Izzo

May 30, 2003
Originally posted by: digitalsm
Originally posted by: conjur
Ayup...the ho is going for one of the stud guys.

Man Fredo got screwed"

"Oh I was going to send him home anyways

Then Brian Worth basically calling him a coward.

Fredo did the honorable thing and left without calling her out on it. Personally I would have gone back and made a scene.
What happened to Fredo? I missed the last part of the show. Details!

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Wingznut
Originally posted by: Rudee
Judging by the previews showing her crying in the final episode, I'm going to assume she is crying over booting the Boston dude, thus I'm going to predict the blond will win her heart in the finale.
I concur...

It'll be just like the first one. The girl will choose the guy with the weakest personality... One that she can mold into whatever she'd like.

The truth is, if this was real life, she would not be picking any one of the dorky guys. She's doing this simply because it makes for good television, not to mention it makes her look like a very respectable person not to discriminate based on looks. How people behave themselves when they are on television in front of millions of viewers is not how people behave in the real world.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Izzo

Man Fredo got screwed"

Fredo did the honorable thing and left without calling her out on it. Personally I would have gone back and made a scene.

Fredo was taken by the show and put on a submarine. Where he was given directions to drive the sub to a point. When he got their the gave him a laptop connected to the periscope. He witnessed Larissa and Jim going at it hot and heavy. What the Avg Joes didnt know, she got hot and heavy making out with all the good looking guys, but none of the Avg Joes. Fredo who had asked he questions, which she basically lied to him. He saw enough, and left. He could have came back and tore into Larissa. Even she said it herself she needed to stop doing what she was doing, but that was two episodes ago, and she promptly still made out with all the good looking guys. By making out, Im not talking about just kissing, Im talking some pretty serious tounge action and groping. Especially what Fredo saw. Basically she has strung all the avg joes along. We the viewers could see it, but Fredo got his chance to see it during the show.

Then you had her saying, "well I was going to send him home anyways" and Worth saying, "its unfair how he just left, when all the other guys had to be sent home". He basically called Fredo a coward. At this point, Im hoping she rips out Worths heart and stomps on it, simply because hes clueless and gullible.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Fredo was probably paid to make a dramatic departure. It seemed like he was forced to say all that stuff while in the sub about how upset he was. I mean he went at it for a good 5-10 minutes saying the same thing over and over. And how nicely written is that letter he read for us all ?

Either way, this is a good show - makes for great entertainment... and that's all I take it as. Larissa is a great actress and knows exactly what to say while/even in front of cameras.

Izzo

May 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Izzo

Man Fredo got screwed"

Fredo was taken by the show and put on a submarine. Where he was given directions to drive the sub to a point. When he got their the gave him a laptop connected to the periscope. He witnessed Larissa and Jim going at it hot and heavy. What the Avg Joes didnt know, she got hot and heavy making out with all the good looking guys, but none of the Avg Joes. Fredo who had asked he questions, which she basically lied to him. He saw enough, and left. He could have came back and tore into Larissa. Even she said it herself she needed to stop doing what she was doing, but that was two episodes ago, and she promptly still made out with all the good looking guys. By making out, Im not talking about just kissing, Im talking some pretty serious tounge action and groping. Especially what Fredo saw. Basically she has strung all the avg joes along. We the viewers could see it, but Fredo got his chance to see it during the show.

Then you had her saying, "well I was going to send him home anyways" and Worth saying, "its unfair how he just left, when all the other guys had to be sent home". He basically called Fredo a coward. At this point, Im hoping she rips out Worths heart and stomps on it, simply because hes clueless and gullible.
Damn. I shouldn't have missed it. I thought Fredo was the only one with half a chance with her. Good for him that he left.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
i missed the Fredo thing. bummer

But now i can understand WHY he left.

i bet the women picks the good looking guy. ohwell the one guy seems really nice.

dr150

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2003
It's a dumb show. Period.

She's an aging model looking for her big acting break---playing nice with the dorks by observing the unwritten "NBC Must See-TV" rule of leaving a geek as a final contenda for the show's climax.

The "hot" guys are losers looking to score.

The "average" guys are equally pathetic as they rarely get laid w/out PAYING. They just want to screw something they've been masterbating to all those years. Some are losers. Some are decent. All will get their fragile egos broken again as they get put down like a dog with rabies on national TV.

The Lesson to Take Away From This Show?: TV SUX asss....and that......"beautiful" people will ALWAYS choose "beautiful" people.... or SETTLE grudgingly for plain-looker w/ SUBSTANTIAL money.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: dr150

She's an aging model looking for her big acting break---playing nice with the dorks by observing the unwritten "NBC Must See-TV" rule of leaving a geek as a final contenda for the show's climax.

The "average" guys are equally pathetic as they rarely get laid w/out PAYING. They just want to screw something they've been masterbating to all those years. Some are losers. Some are decent. All will get their fragile egos broken again as they get put down like a dog with rabies on national TV.

The Lesson to Take Away From This Show?: TV SUX asss....and that......"beautiful" people will ALWAYS choose "beautiful" people.... or SETTLE grudgingly for plain-looker w/ SUBSTANTIAL money.

Yes shes aging from a models standpoint(25), and yes she is a wannabee actress, shes already had a speaking part on a TV show before, although short lived, one episode of Off Centre.

And money didnt play a role in Avg Joe one. The Avg Joe turned out to be a multimillionare, while the one she picked was a late 20's student/waiter/wannabe weather man.

dr150

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2003

Yes shes aging from a models standpoint(25), and yes she is a wannabee actress, shes already had a speaking part on a TV show before, although short lived, one episode of Off Centre.

And money didnt play a role in Avg Joe one. The Avg Joe turned out to be a multimillionare, while the one she picked was a late 20's student/waiter/wannabe weather man.

The Average Joe from the first one was a day trader who got lucky with the boom and would be VERY LUCKY to still crack $1M. Big deal. Not rich enough in most people's and female's eyes to change one's judgement--especially with how that unshaven, sloppy dressin' "Joe" was. Heck, most people I know in Silicon Valley have $1M net. Again, not impressive today--maybe back in the 60's ;) .

For most women to overlook "hotness", the guy would have to have OVER $10 million for the goldigger to "settle/protitute herself" (temporarily without a prenup) for a short while with him.

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
So, what's the "Take Away" from your post?

That you are incredibly cynical, and crapping in a thread? Interesting. ;)

(Not that I necessarily disagree with some of what you are saying... It just a bit annoying when someone posts something so incredibly useless to those who are actually interested in the topic at hand.)

dr150

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2003
Not thread crapping my friend.

Cynicism flipped on its head is WISDOM. ;)

Enjoy your viewing.

pecel

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2000
Next week is final episode.

Btw, where's the :camera:? ;)

The chicks here is far better than in The bachelor or The bachelorette :p