Average American: Want a raise? Too bad....income could decline next 30 years

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
It's too bad that I'm better educated than you and richer than you. I just see spades and call it what it is. You live in a tiny bubble of a world if you really think business owners don't extort the under-class to better themselves while barely lifting a finger.

Do you know of the bus seat phenomenon? Whoever got the seats first and refuse to budge leaves nothing for anyone else. This is finite planet we're living on.

Your stupid family would probably starve and be on the streets if you weren't there let them ride the coattails. All you do for an argument is to be belligerent and insult. You're the one that shouldn't breed, idiot.

Retired? Former owner of a business? I remember 10-20 years ago when things were simple and easy. You wouldn't make it in this current world and I know this and that you're out of touch with reality. Choke on a chicken wing and die of cardiac arrest, fatass.

You're educated and rich? Based on your ability to write, I'm guessing your poor and stupid.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
I couldn't agree with Zaap more. We can't afford to humor those with the progressive mindset any longer. You hamper innovation, you kill the entrepreneurial spirit, enslave people under the guise of helping them to suit your childish needs, create mayhem and blame others for all of your shortcomings. It's mass arrested development. A slew of people that have never matured past their early teens making the types of decisions that we know scientifically teens are unsuited to make because their brains are not fully developed.

They've infiltrated the government and because they want, want, want, they borrow, borrow, borrow. Making childish decisions that weaken our economy, weaken the nation, create far greater poverty and grow the dependent class under the guise of helping them. Just like children, when faced with their mistakes, they blame somebody else. Wasn't me! Who with children hasn't heard that excuse?

Well children, the pendulum swings. When the tables are turned watch out. You'll reap what you've sown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqEwFzxI1a8

Weird, all of the nations that have more economic prosperity than us have more economic equality and more progressive governments.

Where is the mythical conservative economic powerhouse you worship? That no regulation, mega-free super-nation with strong growth and prosperity for all who are willing to work?

Oh right, it doesn't exist. In all of human history.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
For everyone getting bent out of shape over this, I invite you to do some research into dire predictions that were made 30 years ago. Suffice it to say precious few of them have come true.

That doesn't mean we don't have fundamental problems, just that we generally suck at seeing the final long-term outcome.

Last edited:

God Mode

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2005
You're educated and rich? Based on your ability to write, I'm guessing your poor and stupid.

That's that people like you do. Guess about things their puny mind can't figure out and scratching their unwiped shit smelling ass wondering why everyone hates them. I know your family and imaginary friends hate you. Your undeveloped and feeble mind can't understand society beyond being king of the doodoo hill.

Calling everyone that disagrees with your ideals an idiot, dumbass, progressive or liberal tard. Confused people behaving like neanderthals where taunting and anger is the first response. When you die, no one will miss you. They'll only remember a greedy loudmouth prick with a feeble mind.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
That's that people like you do. Guess about things their puny mind can't figure out and scratching their unwiped shit smelling ass wondering why everyone hates them. I know your family and imaginary friends hate you. Your undeveloped and feeble mind can't understand society beyond being king of the doodoo hill.

Calling everyone that disagrees with your ideals an idiot, dumbass, progressive or liberal tard. Confused people behaving like neanderthals where taunting and anger is the first response. When you die, no one will miss you. They'll only remember a greedy loudmouth prick with a feeble mind.

Doodoo hill, huh?

Clearly you're far too educated and rich to spend your time with us internet neanderthals. I suggest destroying your computer with a sledgehammer.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I found a group that's getting a raise!!!!

Top 1% took the most national income (as a %) since 1928!!!

I could care less how much they make with one exception....quit sending the fucking jobs out.

/rant

Well, yeh, except that the way they're taking a larger & larger share of national income is by offshoring, lending & rent seeking. American income is shifting from earned income to investment income, with predictable results for working people, income earners.

A particularly jaundiced view-

http://www.economonitor.com/lrwray/...pire-squid-sucks-all-life-out-of-the-economy/

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/looking-raise-good-luck-164045871.html

and

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/why-incomes-could-fall-next-30-years-151334171.html

Looks like the economy is doing better....people are getting jobs....spending is up slightly....but look what happened. Decades of undermining the US middle class has finally caught up with us.

and

Well, we were told that we are now a service economy and don't need people making stuff in factories, earning good money. Well, we got it all right.....we got the top getting more and temporarily loaning the bottom money to keep them spending until it all broke.

Tear out the foundation and this is what you get.....

foundation-of-sand.jpg

I'm sure that many here think that they have a good technical background and this won't effect them. You can only fight the tide so long before it takes you out with the rest of the 'bottom' sand. I really feel for my kids and the future generation, who are not only saddle bagged by the boomers generation decisions to offshore the country....but the boomers themselves as they suck the rest of the resources out of the system as they retire and/or get sick with age.

Pretty much Capitalism run "amok" with no regulations to hold back all the fraud, and corrupt bankers.