Avengers: Endgame - April 2019. OFFICIAL CONFIRMED UPDATED! Tickets on sale!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Oh shit. It’s the ending for Endgame!

Who knew Ant-Man would save the day!

You know even if I hadn’t seen Infinity War I would goatse this. :p

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I kept looking out for tickets, and I never saw them for sale. Decided to check Google last night, and apparently, they're supposed to go on sale tomorrow (April 2nd). I'm not sure when tomorrow as I can't find that information, but I'm leaning toward the morning.

Now, I need to make the truly tough decision... which theater do I go for...

IMAX: It's actually the digital IMAX (lovingly called "LieMAX") and the seats are not comfy
Cinemark XD: Sort of like halfway between Digital IMAX and normal theaters. Seats are slightly upgraded and recline.
Old Theater: The A/V quality isn't as good (there was this odd splotch on the screen when watching Captain Marvel), but the seats are far and away the best of all three.

After hearing that the movie is three hours, maybe the seating is the most important aspect?

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Holy Toledo... even though I posted about them going on sale, my scatter-brained self completely forgot to look when I woke up. The theater that I originally wanted was pretty much completely wiped out for 2D showings and had some good seats for 3D. I ended up missing those as I wasted time looking at the other theaters. Right now, to get tickets elsewhere, I had to wait in a queue at Fandango. For the one theater, it was 17 minutes, and for the other it's well over an hour. I actually tried going to the 17-minute theater's actual website, but it took about 5+ minutes to load up.

In the end, I ended up getting a good seat after the 17 minute wait, but it's in the fancy section (21+), which meant it cost me $20 compared to $10 for a normal ticket elsewhere.

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
Avengers_Endgame_poster.jpg

Wow, its a 185 minute movie. Hopefully I don't have to go to the restroom to pee. :D

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
diaper, or better yet: condom catheter snaked out towards the public walking lane.

I was talking about the length with some friends yesterday, and there were some rather serious remarks about suggesting bringing back the cinematic intermissions for this one. :p I'll just follow my rule of no liquids an hour before the movie, and of course, nothing during.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
nerd confirmed. tickets purchased for Sunday afternoon showing. I had to take a second mortgage on the house, but seeing it at the local IMAX in 2D.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Holy Toledo... even though I posted about them going on sale, my scatter-brained self completely forgot to look when I woke up. The theater that I originally wanted was pretty much completely wiped out for 2D showings and had some good seats for 3D. I ended up missing those as I wasted time looking at the other theaters. Right now, to get tickets elsewhere, I had to wait in a queue at Fandango. For the one theater, it was 17 minutes, and for the other it's well over an hour. I actually tried going to the 17-minute theater's actual website, but it took about 5+ minutes to load up.

In the end, I ended up getting a good seat after the 17 minute wait, but it's in the fancy section (21+), which meant it cost me $20 compared to $10 for a normal ticket elsewhere.
you could have saved all that time and aggravation.
the movie is out on Torrents already!
too late for April Fools? :p

DietDrThunder

Platinum Member
Apr 6, 2001
you could have saved all that time and aggravation.
the movie is out on Torrents already!
too late for April Fools? :p
Not to late, I consider the whole month of April the month of fools. ;)

On a side note, I'm surprised that this movie is selling out since Thanos made half the population disappear. :D

Reactions: NoTine42

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
In case anyone wants to catch up what happened before they see the movie:

JasperMohamd

Apr 24, 2019
Can't get any clue from the trailer. I just wait for the full movie. By the way, captain America is still so handsome while black widow appears to be gaunt.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Saw it. Not sure if I want to say much about it other than there are no post-credit sequences. Oh, I guess I could say that it didn't feel like three hours, so I think that's a good thing, but goodness... we had so many previews!

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
1. When they went back to the 1970 and captain america's gf was the same age when it was 25 years later from we last saw her before capt took a ice nap was rather odd.

2. When hulk snapped his fingers why did he take all the damage yet the stones were not destroyed?

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
1. When they went back to the 1970 and captain america's gf was the same age when it was 25 years later from we last saw her before capt took a ice nap was rather odd.

2. When hulk snapped his fingers why did he take all the damage yet the stones were not destroyed?

1. They didn't do aging makeup on her. I didn't think it was a huge deal since you didn't really see her all that much. I think more of a gaff in that regard is how did Captain America get back? I don't think he warped back from the Quantum Realm, which meant he naturally aged. The problem with that is didn't they spend a good minute delving into how you can't just change the past to affect the future. Remember the murdering baby Thanos remark? If he didn't warp in, then he should've been in an alternate reality.

2. The stones don't destroy when used. Thanos used the power of the stones to destroy the stones later on. The real question is why isn't Hulk regenerating? You see his arm in a sling all beat up, but if you've seen the comics, you know that the Hulk cannot die and regenerates from serious damage. The only reason why it may not work that way is if this is sort of Gray Hulk (i.e. the smarter, weaker version of The Hulk)?

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
2. The stones don't destroy when used. Thanos used the power of the stones to destroy the stones later on. The real question is why isn't Hulk regenerating? You see his arm in a sling all beat up, but if you've seen the comics, you know that the Hulk cannot die and regenerates from serious damage. The only reason why it may not work that way is if this is sort of Gray Hulk (i.e. the smarter, weaker version of The Hulk)?

I am talking about being hurt after using them to destroy themselves. Thanos was hurt he said after using them to destroy themselves and it was similar to how hulk was hurt after he did the snap.

Sure the main reason for the snap was to bring everyone back but that shouldn't had hurt him then as that's not what caused them to injure the wearer I thought.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I am talking about being hurt after using them to destroy themselves. Thanos was hurt he said after using them to destroy themselves and it was similar to how hulk was hurt after he did the snap.

Sure the main reason for the snap was to bring everyone back but that shouldn't had hurt him then as that's not what caused them to injure the wearer I thought.

It looked to me like Thanos took damage when he first snapped, but not as much as he did the second time. As for why Hulk looked so much worse for wear, I'm guessing that's because he's just not up to Thanos's strength, so it affected him more.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
This movie was the biggest disappointment I've had in many years. It was 3 hours of over indulgence that could have easily been cut down. All of the self jokes were stupid, logic was thrown out completely (even for a comic movie) and man.. I wish I had my money back. I can't even say it was a good popcorn movie that was flashy. so so bad..

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
This movie was the biggest disappointment I've had in many years. It was 3 hours of over indulgence that could have easily been cut down. All of the self jokes were stupid, logic was thrown out completely (even for a comic movie) and man.. I wish I had my money back. I can't even say it was a good popcorn movie that was flashy. so so bad..
so wait till the director's cut?

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I liked it. A lot. It certainly had some issues/plot holes, but that's to be expected in such a long storyline. Solid 10/10 for me. Thoroughly entertained.

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
Loved it. Sure, there are plot holes...no way there cannot be with such an epic.
I am sad. Feels like part of my childhood was brought back to life, then taken away again.

Why was Thor with his new power not able to at least fight Thanos with no stones on equal terms, if not beat him?
Yet Scarlet Witch is basically deconstructing Thanos and he has to call in a bombardment to stop it.
And how was everyone able to just touch the stones when they found them with no consequences? Just regular humans, handling the stones

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Oh did this only now come out? I guess I thought it had already been out for ~2 weeks. :D

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I think I might actually try and see it this weekend. Eh, I dunno though. I surely ain't going tonight or Saturday night (have something going on Saturday night anyway) and then got Game of Thrones Sunday. If anything it may be Sunday afternoon but not certain.