Auxtin temp too high?

Rast

Oct 17, 2011
Hello, I checked everywhere, but still can't find the right thing about my mobo/cpu.

so are my temps to high?

SPECS

AMD 960T BE unlocked to 1600T( 6 cores )
@3,8Ghz

ThatsABigOne

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2010
My assumption is that those are VRMs(Voltage Regulator Module). I have read up on how many motherboards based on AMD chipset(from Gigabyte, Asrock, and many others) read that temperature high. There have been people trying to put a little fan to assist cooling, but at a questionable benefit. There is no proof that those high temps shorten the life of the motherboard. For your sanity, you could reseat the VRM heatsinks, as they might be loose because of the shipping of the motherboard or other reasons.

Ben90

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2009
I wouldn't put any faith into HWMonitor. It has at least one wrong temperature on every seen screenshot I've ever seen of it. For reference, when I pull up HWMonitor:

Correct Readings
VIN1
GPU Temp

Possibly Correct Readings (I'm not sure)
VIN6
SYSTIN
SYSFANIN

Wrong Readings
CPU Vcore
VIN1
+3.3V
+5V
+12V
CPUTIN
AUXTIN
AUXFANIN1
CPU Power
CPU Current
Core #0
Core #1
Core #2
Core #3
Package Power

ThatsABigOne

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2010
I wouldn't put any faith into HWMonitor. It has at least one wrong temperature on every seen screenshot I've ever seen of it. For reference, when I pull up HWMonitor:

Correct Readings
VIN1
GPU Temp

Possibly Correct Readings (I'm not sure)
VIN6
SYSTIN
SYSFANIN

Wrong Readings
CPU Vcore
VIN1
+3.3V
+5V
+12V
CPUTIN
AUXTIN
AUXFANIN1
CPU Power
CPU Current
Core #0
Core #1
Core #2
Core #3
Package Power

Interesting... for my 3 computers that I own, ALL temps and values read correctly. What alternative software do you use?

Ben90

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2009
Well, for the voltages I use a DMM. For temperatures, I use the TJMax plus whatever value is reported over PECI.

It took about 2 years for the makers of HWMonitor to get correct TJMax values for Bloomsfield.