Autocadd and ati problems!!!

Duvie

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
Just to let you guys now that with autocadd 2000 or newer there is potential of having cursor problems. The cursor basically ghost and leaves a track from when you move the cursor obscurring the drawing.....

This has been isolated to ATI cards only and has occured on radeon 64mb cards to the new radeon 9700pro...The fix is often using older drivers as some of the latest are when the problem cropped up....I had to go 2 catalyst sets back on my card to get it to be fine...

Other fix some may suggest is lower hardware acceleration in display setting but the performance and visual hit is too much to bare....

This problem has been seen in autocadd 2000,2001 and 2002...I also saw it in Autodesk LDD2...

I wanted to point out another fine job by the morons at ATI tech!!! Congratulations for putting the icing on the worst card I have ever owned...tv out doesn't work...driver install is way too much of a task...still buggy drivers...

43st

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
AutoCAD works fine on my 8500 card. I had an issue with the 2.2 CATALYST drivers but the 2.3 drivers have fixed the issue.

Mingon

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2000
I have that problem trying to run it on my vaio laptop, but have never had that problem with a nvdia card. I think its an opengl problem - but I could be wrong.