Auto click mouse?

TheNiceGuy

Golden Member
Dec 23, 2004
Is there way to get my mouse to repeatedly left click by just holding the mouse mouse button down? I have a mouse with some unused buttons on it I would prefer to program one to do this, keeping the left click the way it is. The purpose is for a game to be able to vehicle spawn without having to repeatedly click a button.
Thanks

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Some mice have an "auto-click" button, like a kind of rapid-fire left-click. I think my iMicro Cobra mouse has that.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
In any case, leave the regular left button alone lest you lose the drag and drop function. :)

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
AFAIK, a "generic" mouse only has 2 buttons, and I don't see how you can do that with one. I would suggest getting a gaming mouse with multiple programmable buttons.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
if you *do* manage to get a way to macro leftclick to another button, be aware that many games might register the macro as a hack and ban you.

TheNiceGuy

Golden Member
Dec 23, 2004
By generic, I mean it’s not a name brand that anyone would recognize. I’m not sure if it’s technically a “gaming mouse“, but it has several extra buttons which can be programmed through the application you’re using. Meaning it came with no software or drivers of any kind. However my computer recognized it right away, and if I recall correctly, recognized it as a “generic“ mouse. All of the buttons work correctly. One of the buttons I don’t use for anything, it’s completely free to be used for the application I’ve mentioned in the OP.
Has anyone actually done this?

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Keyboards and mice with programmable macro buttons aren't really cheating anymore.

that depends on the game. most competitive games consider any macro to be cheating, and every game i play in would ban you for using macros of any kind.

Feb 25, 2011
that depends on the game. most competitive games consider any macro to be cheating, and every game i play in would ban you for using macros of any kind.
The MMO's I've played, you can get kicked from the more serious guilds for not using macros/hotkeys.