Authentic Russian Combat Sambo: Street Fighting Dirty Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
Funny stuff.

First thing he teaches is the video is an eye gouge.....

While I agree that street figthting is very differnt than MMA and organized martial arts I would never advocate getting on the ground and getting in too close to an opponent. Most street fights arent 1 on 1 and putting yourself in a comprimising situation like being on the ground is stupid.
Now I do study BJJ and love it but I would never let it get to the ground on the street.

90s was interesting era when it comes to tapes. I got my hands on a bunch of tapes in the early 90s that let me see things that had been considerered secret. I remember the year I got a fantastic set of tapes about a rare family style Hsing I I was hooked.

Actually watched the tape when I was doing physical therapy this morning. A coupld good laughs for sure.

derivative crap for noobs who want to fight

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
While I agree that street figthting is very differnt than MMA and organized martial arts I would never advocate getting on the ground and getting in too close to an opponent. Most street fights arent 1 on 1 and putting yourself in a comprimising situation like being on the ground is stupid.
Now I do study BJJ and love it but I would never let it get to the ground on the street.

I was watching the last Gracie Breakdown, which coincidentally is how I stumbled on to this video, and their thing this week was how jujitsu was great for women because of how this woman in the UK triangle choked a rapist. They spent a couple of secs saying its best not to let it go to the ground, but then spent 30 min on how being on the ground is good. To me it still comes down to whether or not you can take some shots. The UK woman must have been tough as nails, because they said she took some haymakers in guard but she cycled through different sub attempts and absorbed more haymakers while she put him to sleep.

90s was interesting era when it comes to tapes. I got my hands on a bunch of tapes in the early 90s that let me see things that had been considerered secret. I remember the year I got a fantastic set of tapes about a rare family style Hsing I I was hooked.

I remember getting a Dr J basketball tape. I used to practice all that stuff religiously. It wasnt all that different from what my coaches were teaching, but it had more weight coming from Dr J. And it was on VHS, so it was legit.

Actually watched the tape when I was doing physical therapy this morning. A coupld good laughs for sure.

I only watched for 15 min or so, but I was rolling when he was teaching how to fish hook someones cheek bone and the guy he was demoing it on kept screaming. If your interested, I noticed this dude has another one on sweeps. :biggrin:

twinrider1

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2003
...I only watched for 15 min or so, but I was rolling when he was teaching how to fish hook someones cheek bone and the guy he was demoing it on kept screaming....

lol, yea, I skipped through it and the assistant kid is pretty funny. Technique 12 at 25:20, the guy jambs his thumb in the kids armpit and claws into his collarbone. I think the kid is wishing he'd done something else that day.

Last edited:

SAWYER

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
I bet my brother used to have this. He had stacks and stacks of these martial arts/defense videos and survival magazines

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
I bet my brother used to have this. He had stacks and stacks of these martial arts/defense videos and survival magazines

That my my older brother which was great, got to watch his. Had two pair of chuck norris action jeans in those heady days

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I learned about the Smith and Wesson defense by watching training videos about a cop called "Dirty Harry." It was a 5 part series.

Status
Not open for further replies.