Australia's Turnbull mocks US President Trump in leaked audio

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
In case there was any doubt of what the rest of the world thinks about our beloved President:

Speaking at the ball, Turnbull impersonated Trump's speaking style during the speech when mocking their poor performance in recent opinion polls.

"The Donald and I, we are winning and winning in the polls. We are winning so much! We are winning like we have never won before. We are winning in the polls. We are! Not the fake polls. Not the fake polls. They're the ones we're not winning in. We're winning in the real polls," he said, to applause and laughter.
Turnbull even made fun of Trump's ongoing troubles with allegations of Russian involvement in the 2016 US election.

"You know the online polls. they are so easy to win. I know that. Did you know that? I kind of know that. They are so easy to win. I have this Russian guy. Believe me it's true, it is true," Turnbull said in his speech.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/15/asia/turnbull-trump-australia-speech/index.html

Trump appears to hate above all else being laughed at so I'm sure he'll love this. Like the Aussie PM I'm really feeling the winning and respect that he's earned.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Someone tell me Trump is the leader of the free world again. I need a good laugh.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Remember when the world was laughing at Obama?

I don't but I remember when the right on this forum was claiming that. No wonder most of them disappeared, their lies are all coming true... Except its not in relation to Obama.

Reactions: Azuma Hazuki
Jan 25, 2011
Guess this is some of that "the world is going to respect us again" he was selling during the campaign.

It's important to note that this was never intended to be a public event. The comments in it traditionally are not ever intended for public consumption. The only reason they were reported this time is parts of it were leaked so the news outlet felt it appropriate to do the entire story.

Reactions: Phynaz

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
I still don't know why anyone with any inkling of his business practices voted him in for president and not for twenty years in a cell next to Madoff.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I still don't know why anyone with any inkling of his business practices voted him in for president and not for twenty years in a cell next to Madoff.

From the people I've spoken to who voted for him, the reason they voted for him was because they viewed him as someone that would "break the system". Back in the day, people who wanted to break our system of government were called traitors. I have no idea why's that's still not the case.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
From the people I've spoken to who voted for him, the reason they voted for him was because they viewed him as someone that would "break the system". Back in the day, people who wanted to break our system of government were called traitors. I have no idea why's that's still not the case.

I'm all for breaking the system if I don't have to pay taxes for the other 49 states and my governor becomes my president. Less headaches for everyone involved.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

One of those things that sounds good but if you ask them to actually define what that means to them you'll probably end up disappointed in humanity.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Thomas Jefferson was one of those guys, but he was kinda smart.