Australian government senators condemn 'anti-white racism'

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Not nearly as much as the anti-black racism, you cowardly, bigoted piece of shit.

The only socially acceptable racism that is institutionally in place is anti-white racism championed by the Democrats. I'm not the bigot here, I reject racism in any form, against anyone regardless of the color of their skin. You do not.

Reactions: UglyCasanova
Feb 16, 2005
The only socially acceptable racism that is institutionally in place is anti-white racism championed by the Democrats. I'm not the bigot here, I reject racism in any form, against anyone regardless of the color of their skin. You do not.
yea, your support of trump makes perfect sense now.
graduates of the dsf "who, me?" defense
blow it out your ass spidey

richaron

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2012
Well that sure seems like a nice political party - dedicated to keeping Asians out of Australia and making sure the aboriginals don’t get too many rights.

Sarcasm aside, what "rights" are you talking about? As an Australian who honestly hopes race becomes a non-issue as we move forwards I don't think decisive thoughts are the answer. "Aboriginal" or "Asian" (or "whatever") rights is the wrong type of thinking. An idea like "Australian" rights, or "human" rights, is inclusive and the only way people will pull together.

Sure plenty of Australian aboriginals live in shitholes in the middle of nowhere; in an environment full of substance abuse, sexual abuse, poor education, and much more. Sure aboriginals in general are over represented in the prison system and under represented in income/education; perhaps for similar issues. But they shouldn't be helped because of race. They shouldn't be helped because they gather together to protest or make speeches which tug at the heart strings. Politics and laws -and thinking in general- based on race is decisive.

People in need should have help because they are humans like the rest of us.

Reactions: compcons

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
Maybe so, but life is difficult and challenging for everyone of every racial group. It's hard to see when you're struggling to survive that there are people even worse off than you are, and most people don't care to hear about it either.
Yep. The wealthy pay big dollars to keep white Americans blaming minorities for their struggles.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Sarcasm aside, what "rights" are you talking about? As an Australian who honestly hopes race becomes a non-issue as we move forwards I don't think decisive thoughts are the answer. "Aboriginal" or "Asian" (or "whatever") rights is the wrong type of thinking. "Australian" rights is inclusive and the only way people will pull together.

Sure plenty of Australian aboriginals live in shitholes in the middle of nowhere; in an environment full of substance abuse, sexual abuse, poor education, and much more. Sure aboriginals in general are over represented in the prison system and under represented in income/education; perhaps for similar issues. But they shouldn't be helped because of race. They shouldn't be helped because they gather together to protest or make speeches which tug at the heart strings. Politics and laws -and thinking in general- based on race is decisive.

People in need should have help because they are humans like the rest of us.

In a perfect world, sure. The thing is that people in Australia ALREADY think in terms of race so it does no good to pretend they don't. It's the same argument people in America use for why we should ignore widespread, endemic racism against African-Americans as if ignoring it will make it go away. It doesn't, it just ensures it goes unaddressed.

I spent some time in Perth and I was frankly shocked at the level of open racism that's present towards aboriginals. That was about 15 years ago so maybe things have improved but... it was bad.

richaron

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2012
In a perfect world, sure. The thing is that people in Australia ALREADY think in terms of race so it does no good to pretend they don't. It's the same argument people in America use for why we should ignore widespread, endemic racism against African-Americans as if ignoring it will make it go away. It doesn't, it just ensures it goes unaddressed.

I spent some time in Perth and I was frankly shocked at the level of open racism that's present towards aboriginals. That was about 15 years ago so maybe things have improved but... it was bad.

Yeah there's obviously a feedback loop in place with regards to social mindshare and social/antisocial activities. Plus you're correct there's ongoing generational change.

But I don't have any problem aiming for "perfect world" solutions. Decisive "us vs them" laws and actions are stop-gap solutions at best. And people whining "we need xxxxx" because [race] are fooling themselves into thinking that will help heal wounds of the past. Being inclusive is the only answer and this doesn't stop directing extra resources or help towards members of society to need it (regardless of race).

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Yeah there's obviously a feedback loop in place with regards to social mindshare and social/antisocial activities. Plus you're correct there's ongoing generational change.

But I don't have any problem aiming for "perfect world" solutions. Decisive "us vs them" laws and actions are stop-gap solutions at best. And people whining "we need xxxxx" because [race] are fooling themselves into thinking that will help heal wounds of the past. Being inclusive is the only answer and this doesn't stop directing extra resources or help towards members of society to need it (regardless of race).
To paraphrase "Can't we all just get along"

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Nope, I'm against racism in any form. Nothing more, nothing less.
You're a vocal part of a political movement that dehumanizes and advocates the use of violence against its political opponents, whether real, perceived, or just plain faked. That's why no one believes you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meghan54
Feb 16, 2005
You're a vocal part of a political movement that dehumanizes and advocates the use of violence against its political opponents, whether real, perceived, or just plain. That's why no one believes you.
There are several other reasons as well, but yea, this is one of them.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...government-senators-condemn-anti-white-racism

On Monday the Senate voted 31 to 28 to reject a motion put by Pauline Hanson – the leader of the anti-immigrant nativist One Nation party – which acknowledged the “deplorable rise of anti-white racism and attacks on Western civilisation” and “it is OK to be white”.​

Hanson’s motion received 23 votes from the ruling Liberal-National Coalitionincluding the deputy Senate leader and trade minister, Simon Birmingham, the small business minister, Michaelia Cash, the resources minister, Matt Canavan, communications minister Mitch Fifield, Indigenous affairs minister Nigel Scullion and deputy Nationals leader Bridget McKenzie.​

Liberal senator Lucy Gichuhi – born in Kenya and the first person of black African descent elected to the Australian parliament – also voted for the motion.

Hilarious. It didn’t pass but many in the Australian government including a Kenyan born politician declared that it is in fact ok to be white. The idea started as all good things do on 4chan and ended up in the seats of Australian government. Probably not the smartest move on those politicians parts though. It does show anti-white racism exists in other parts of the world as well.

Racism should be opposed wherever it rears its head. Whether it's in fashion or not.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

That's a lie, and no matter how often you repeat it, that won't make it true.

Besides, you're saying you're not a bigot in one breath when we just saw you being virulently transphobic in another thread. You're not even a good liar. You're a bigot, and you're too much of a chickenshit to admit it even as you practice it.

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti
Feb 16, 2005

Besides, you're saying you're not a bigot in one breath when we just saw you being virulently transphobic in another thread. You're not even a good liar. You're a bigot, and you're too much of a chickenshit to admit it even as you practice it.
And that would be another reason not to believe him. An even better one, imo.

richaron

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2012
^Even if the dude above is a legit turd-burger, you dudes are looking like muppets if you can't climb any higher than second rung on the levels of disagreement pyramid...
707px-Graham%27s_Hierarchy_of_Disagreement-en.svg.png

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001

What other racism is socially acceptable?