Australian government senators condemn 'anti-white racism'

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...government-senators-condemn-anti-white-racism

On Monday the Senate voted 31 to 28 to reject a motion put by Pauline Hanson – the leader of the anti-immigrant nativist One Nation party – which acknowledged the “deplorable rise of anti-white racism and attacks on Western civilisation” and “it is OK to be white”.​

Hanson’s motion received 23 votes from the ruling Liberal-National Coalitionincluding the deputy Senate leader and trade minister, Simon Birmingham, the small business minister, Michaelia Cash, the resources minister, Matt Canavan, communications minister Mitch Fifield, Indigenous affairs minister Nigel Scullion and deputy Nationals leader Bridget McKenzie.​

Liberal senator Lucy Gichuhi – born in Kenya and the first person of black African descent elected to the Australian parliament – also voted for the motion.

Hilarious. It didn’t pass but many in the Australian government including a Kenyan born politician declared that it is in fact ok to be white. The idea started as all good things do on 4chan and ended up in the seats of Australian government. Probably not the smartest move on those politicians parts though. It does show anti-white racism exists in other parts of the world as well.

ecogen

Golden Member
Dec 24, 2016
More appropriate title would be Australian senators reject disingenuous pearl clutching and an attempt to play the victim from someone who has called for a fucking immigration ban.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Well that sure seems like a nice political party - dedicated to keeping Asians out of Australia and making sure the aboriginals don’t get too many rights.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
UC doing it again. Its happened so many times no need to detail.

Nothing to see here, move on.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Pauline is a horrible person

pauline-hanson-tweets-1170x620.jpg

Pauline%20movement.jpg

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Very concerned about this, so much concern. Meanwhile the OP is silent on the GOP celebrating politicians assaulting reporters.

His concerns about civility must be valid.

Reactions: hal2kilo

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
If UC makes an OP it is a 99.9% certainty it's about black people or how his whiteness has been persecuted... which is this thread? I don't bother to read them, I just take shits in them in a failed attempt to out shitpost the OP...

Reactions: hal2kilo

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I'm a 47 year old white male of Northern European ancestry, and I have never once in my whole life been the victim of anti-white racism. Not once.
FFS, people call me "sir" wherever I go.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Funny, white and 37 years old, and the only time I've experienced a form of racism is from police, once. Maybe it's just you.
My personal experience is that many less-than-competent people tend to imagine that they were the victims of racism after they get passed up for something by a person of a different racial group. Because it just cannot be that the other person was more competent than they are, right?
It's basically Dunning-Kruger but with racism.

Reactions: compcons

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
My personal experience is that many less-than-competent people tend to imagine that they were the victims of racism after they get passed up for something by a person of a different racial group. Because it just cannot be that the other person was more competent than they are, right?
It's basically Dunning-Kruger but with racism.

Like Asians who have to make a few hundred more points on the SAT to get in. They’re just not as competent amiright?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Like Asians who have to make a few hundred more points on the SAT to get in. They’re just not as competent amiright?

If you're worried about people getting preferential treatment in college admissions I would start with rich people.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...-admissions/gGH0wQoZG80jC6sUVdP5HI/story.html

Vic was spot on though, white people have innumerable advantages in life but nobody likes to think they are a failure. It's easier for them to blame anti-white racism than accept they are bad despite the fact that racism actually heavily works in their favor.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Your thought is in complete, allow me to help. Asians have to and can score higher than others. Yet, it's white people who I hear decrying Asians surpassing them as "affirmative action". You're welcome. So while you tried to "gotcha" Vic, you just owned yourself. Again.

https://www.apa.org/pi/oema/resources/ethnicity-health/asian-american/article-admission.aspx

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
If you're worried about people getting preferential treatment in college admissions I would start with rich people.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...-admissions/gGH0wQoZG80jC6sUVdP5HI/story.html

Vic was spot on though, white people have innumerable advantages in life but nobody likes to think they are a failure. It's easier for them to blame anti-white racism than accept they are bad despite the fact that racism actually heavily works in their favor.
Maybe so, but life is difficult and challenging for everyone of every racial group. It's hard to see when you're struggling to survive that there are people even worse off than you are, and most people don't care to hear about it either.

Ottonomous

May 15, 2014
So why do you hate identity politics if you're fully behind it in this instance?

And in the spirit of equality, why not post tangible examples of racism against whites, individual or institutionalized

Ottonomous

May 15, 2014
Why create the thread then?
Either because of a genuine concern for discrimination faced by whites (why I wanted practical examples, in the interest of equality)

Or another troll against the status quo, a symbolic rejection of political correctness that needs celebration

Let's see where he stands

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Added something to my post. So you're against identity politics as it pertains to any race?

Yes I’m against using race as a basis for anything. Identity politics and pitting people against each other based on skin color shouldn’t happen.