Audiophile quality earbuds from shure 121 shipped

Discussion in 'Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests' started by Jokersmoker, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Jokersmoker

Jokersmoker Text Enjoy

Text
    Enjoy
    Jokersmoker

2. habib89

habib89 Diamond Member

i'm all down for good earbuds, but are any of them actually worth $121??? that's a freakin lot of money for earbuds.. hell, that's a lot of money for full headphones

3. Jokersmoker

Jokersmoker Text Enjoy

I agree it would be nice if there was a coupon out there

4. Taejin

Taejin Moderator<br>Love & Relationships

Ever seen the audiophile earbud world..?

Those people pay 300 dollars for the top-of-the-line quality earbuds..haha.

5. IEC

IEC Lifer

Wow... out of my price range, but props to Jokersmoker for another good deal :p

6. esun

esun Platinum Member

If I hadn't bought SR80s just a few months ago I'd be all over these. I still could use a nice pair of isolating earbuds just like these, but I don't think I could quite justify the purchase. Great deal, though.

7. prona

prona Member

I've been looking for a good Grado SR60 or SR80 deal for quite a while, how much did you get yours for?

8. oogabooga

oogabooga Diamond Member

Shure E3c's are even used for inear studio monitering. That said, i don't need them :) but when i do decide to go instudio, i'l lwant some high quality ear buds, 150+ is probally my range then.

there are people who demand the best for there ipods and cd players and such, i'm just glad i'm not one of them.

9. CyberTron

CyberTron Senior member

I cant comment on the Shure buds, but I have a pair of Etymotic ER-4S's and I LOVE them! unfortunitly my little sister just broke one of the buds and I had to get them fixed :( cost me $135 a new pair is $330. I did however get them used in trade for a pair of SR225 (Grado) cans I had which i paid $150 for, so i think over all i'm still doing alright, some guys over at www.headfi.com spend $1000's on that stuff, to rich for my blood, I just got my first amp and wow, you can totally tell a different. While i was waiting for my new buds to come, i was tempted to try out the ipod buds that came with my ipod and let me tell you, they suck, even with the amp they suck, get far far away from stock buds if your budget permits, you'll never look back.

10. Scrith

Scrith Member

These may seem expensive, but these aren't even the top-of-the-line Shure earbuds (the 5 series is, and costs over $300 I think).

I hear they're pretty good though. If you're interested in high-quality earbuds or headphones, check out www.head-fi.org for countless discussions on them (and the equipment they attach to).

11. Dubb

Dubb Platinum Member

UE-10s will run you around a grand and a trip to the audiologist's to get casts of your ears made.

supposedly the best sound of any non-electrostat phone...

as long as you keep your ears clean..

12. EPCrew

EPCrew Senior member

Thanks! ordered mine...

13. wfn

wfn Senior member

they're $179 now :(

14. Tommyboy8

Tommyboy8 Senior member

Shure earbuds like these are pretty nice.

If you are tight on the budget, but hate those crappy $10 earbuds, go for the Sony MDR-EX71 or the Sony MRD-EX51... they run between $20-40 and are a pretty good alternative for the people with a smaller budget.

It will blow away most earbuds in the under $100 range.

15. JSt0rm

JSt0rm Lifer

i just picked these up for 114 now it shows 179 lol. They feel good and have balanced output although I have only had them for a few days.

16. Entropism

Entropism Senior member

Eh, those Sony buds are WAY too bass heavy for me. The Sharp 33's are pretty good, but you have to import them from Japan. (still cheaper though). Me, I can't stand the noises you hear while weaing the canalphones (your footsteps, the wire brushing against your shirt, etc), so I got myself a pair of Sennheiser HD-25's. Probably the best sealed and portable cans I've heard.