Audio Noises Upon Burning to DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

synoptic12

Dec 1, 2012
www.youtube.com
Hi,
I'm seeking some assistance in reference to audio noises, which occur on the DVD, which I burned from audio and video files.

1. Upon developing segments of film frame, in which talking was part of the frame, I muted the talking to institute music during the duration of the video. I may have used 10 or more video frames which accompanied talking, but substituted music in place. Used photos, as well.

2. Upon watching the video on Freemake media player, and Windows Media Player, I can find "no" intrusion of any audio abnormalities. However, when I burn to DVD, there are audio issues present.

3. I've used Windows DVD burner, and Freemake burner. Both burners show the same audio abnormalities on the DVD when played in a DVD player, or on my computer.

4. I saved the files in 1080P, would 480P be any different? Also, would the quality appear different on a HD Tv, as opposed to Analog?
Any, and all information is truly appreciated.

C1

Platinum Member
Feb 21, 2008
Analyze the DvD using DvD Shrink (or something similar). It will show you the available audio codecs which have been encoded with the video. It also allows you to select codecs and recompile the video.

When playing from DvD (eg, using PowerDvD or WinDvD), look in settings to see which audio codecs are available and try (or specify) an available alternate.

synoptic12

Dec 1, 2012
www.youtube.com
Analyze the DvD using DvD Shrink (or something similar). It will show you the available audio codecs which have been encoded with the video. It also allows you to select codecs and recompile the video.

When playing from DvD (eg, using PowerDvD or WinDvD), look in settings to see which audio codecs are available and try (or specify) an available alternate.

Thank you very much. However, upon searching DVD shrink, I see no information regarding codecs, but rather compression only. Upon inserting DVD, I see the Video_Ts files and Audio_Ts files. Where can I locate the codecs, and what good will it be? Windows, and Freemake provide most all codecs.

C1

Platinum Member
Feb 21, 2008
"I muted the talking to institute music during the duration of the video"

Might be your issue. Muting to me implies merely suppressing the audio track information, not overwriting it. What your trying to do and how is dependent on the application being used for the project. It would appear that your application isnt allowing replacement of the audio segment, but instead is combining, adding or muxing it. There are a number of ways to tackle ths, but its more than Im willing to discuss.

Suggest that you check available settings in your project software application to determine available options for sound editing.

synoptic12

Dec 1, 2012
www.youtube.com
Thank you very much. I kind of thought this may be the issue. I believe that you are correct, for I've had no other problems. I wish not to take up your time, and I very much appreciate the assistance you have provided, but is there a way around this? I'm using Windows Movie Maker 11, and I can see no way to edit sound, other than to mute. Irrespective of this, if you have some extra time, could you provide a 'video program' which would alleviate this issue. Apparently Movie Maker 11 is not capable. Thank you for your support.

synoptic12

Dec 1, 2012
www.youtube.com
I turned the audio mix up to 100% from 50%. The quality sounds somewhat better, but there is still some hiss in certain areas. Thought you may wish to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.