Audigy 2 ZS vs. Integrated Audigy Advanced HD on a Dell XPS 400

Mavtech

Platinum Member
Jun 11, 2003
I currently own an Audigy 2 ZS PCI card. I have a Dell XPS 400 on the way which has the integrated Audigy Advanced HD Audio on the Mobo. I would like to go with the integrated audio if the quality is the same or better. Anyone know the difference? Thanks.

Mavtech

Platinum Member
Jun 11, 2003
Originally posted by: tjpark1111
audigy 2 zs is better. YOU GOT A DELL! *GASP* jk.

Yeah, it was about time to go to Dual Core and PCI Express. Dell obviously is the best deal for the money. Got the XPS from Outlet for $469. They never have deals on the XPS desktops. So, I went to the Outlet.

More info on the comparison: I don't care about the Firewire port on the ZS. I have never used it and the XPS has one on the front of the case if I ever need one.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Mavtech
Originally posted by: tjpark1111
audigy 2 zs is better. YOU GOT A DELL! *GASP* jk.

Yeah, it was about time to go to Dual Core and PCI Express. Dell obviously is the best deal for the money. Got the XPS from Outlet for $469. They never have deals on the XPS desktops. So, I went to the Outlet.

More info on the comparison: I don't care about the Firewire port on the ZS. I have never used it and the XPS has one on the front of the case if I ever need one.

:thumbsup: For buying a Dell refurb. Best performance for your buck, ever.

Mavtech

Platinum Member
Jun 11, 2003
So, does anyone have any details on the Audigy Advanced on the XPS 400 Mobo? I have one person here who says to go with the Audigy 2 ZS PCI and one person on another forum who says they are about the same. Comments?

tjpark1111

Oct 5, 2005
well have a listen to your integrated stuff right now. are you satisfied? if not, I bet most certainly the audigy 2 zs will fulfill your needs.

Chris2wire

Oct 20, 2004
Trust me, itll sound better, a whole world of difference. Onboard audio tends to be far below par compared to audigys... I discovered that when I got my audigy 2 to replace my onboard audio on my nforce2. wow what a difference.

Another thing is it helps with performance by having a soundcard do the processing instead of onboard

gunblade

Golden Member
Nov 18, 2002
The Audigy advance HD is essentially a cost-optimized version of EMU10k1 chip, which is also used in the audigy value line.

As a result, Audigy ZS2 should be better in both CPU utilization and noise level.

Mavtech

Platinum Member
Jun 11, 2003
Thanks! I went with the Audigy 2 ZS card. I disabled the onboard sound.

Man, this XPS 400 is faaaaast.