Audi just put a brand new engine in my A6...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Josh, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh

Josh Lifer

The tech told me for the first 500 or so miles to keep it below 50-55 mph? Is this right? I think it would be better if I slowly transitioned to the 60-65-70 as I get into the 300-400 mile range?

Here's the backstory btw about the engine..

Have a 2004 A6, had some problems with engine light kept coming on. It's still under warranty and the dealership fixed it within the first day, gave it back the next day engine light went on again. They kept it for a few days, returned it after "fixing it" - same thing - engine light back on. This last time the tech told me he has no idea what's wrong and Audi HQ thinks its a "hairline fracture" of some sort. They offer to have a brand new engine sent to me from Germany free of charge and installed. Of course I took it. Now I have a brand new engine in my A6 and I'm driving Miss Daisy.

2. Kroze

Kroze Diamond Member

at least you got a good experience with the dealership.

3. Josh

Josh Lifer

They've always treated me well. Although I don't particularly enjoy taking my car in on my time for problems that I didn't cause, they always give me a brand new courtesy car (I've driven a Q7, A3, A4, A6 - all new models - I guess also testifies to how many times I've been to the dealership :Q)

4. halik

halik Lifer

Awesome, which motor is it?
    Ask the dealership for the standard break-in process.

<- Drives 2000 A6 2.7T

5. JulesMaximus

JulesMaximus No Lifer

Just follow the new car break in procedure in your owner's manual.

6. Auric

Auric Diamond Member

Verily. It should not be a question.

7. Don Vito Corleone

Ayup. This is a no-brainer. The only real downside to a brand-new engine in a 4-year-old car is that you're stuck breaking it in all over again, which in most cases means driving like a grandma for the first 1,000 - 1,200 miles.

8. stevetie

stevetie Junior Member

I too have and engine in a 2007 A6 that the dealer and the factory are going to replace. Under certified warranty and I've been telling them that adding a quart of oil every 1800 miles is not right, they dug in and decided to replace the engine.
    With a new, will this put undue stress on other components such as transmission,, etc. The car has 90K miles. Any input appreciated..
    Steve

Do not attempt to raise the dead (necro post)...

AT Moderator
    Bartman39

#8 stevetie, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2012
  9. Kelvrick

Kelvrick Lifer

One of my coworkers had a check engine light problem too. Also ended up getting a new engine and ended up taking it back under the lemon law. She had bought it used as a CPO. I remember audi offered her a brand new S4 for an extra $500 over whatever she still owed them? I told her to take it, TAKE IT! She'd have no problem reselling (to me!) if she ended up not liking it.

She didn't and drives an infiniti now. :(

10. amdhunter

amdhunter Lifer

I'm adding a quart every 1000 miles in my RX-8, how come I don't get a new engine? :awe:

11. OSULugan

OSULugan Senior member

Holy necro thread!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.