AUDI A6 VS BMW 540I

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Punisher007

Jan 21, 2001
The price differential is about $6000

The A6 is $55000 and 540 is $49000. However, I'm trading in two other cars so the net difference is $35000 (A6) and $29000 (540). As for the snow/winter issue, I have thought about it. Based on the snow season here, it's not crucial to have AWD...we get snow for 3-4 weeks per year in British Columbia. Therefore, I'm leaning towards the 540 with summer/winter tires...which I'm used to switching every season anyways (with my A4).

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: CheapArse
Originally posted by: Triumph
Originally posted by: Doggiedog
Originally posted by: AStar617
^^^^^Listen to her, she saved me much typing. :beer::thumbsup:

Triumph is a guy. Aren't you Triumph? :confused:

so i've been told.

Originally posted by: Deleted member 139972
Audi Quattro will own the BMW, although Audi has more problems than BMW...

Own it how? With persistent understeer? With extra weight? With no manual option for the V8? With it's ability to get started in the snow, and proceed to be unable to stop just like any other car out there?

They're both V8s and S4s are 6MT.

Whaaa... Are you agreeing with me? Because your post doesn't make sense in response to what I said.

Transition

Banned
Sep 8, 2001
Prepare to spend a fortune if either one breaks down. With that said go with the audi as there should be more remaining warranty.