Attn: Worklog / Build Log / Rules - Please Read -

Status
Not open for further replies.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
In the interests of minimizing the chances of threads on sponsored builds being received and viewed by the community as spam or payola, here are some guidelines that must be observed going forward:

1. We ask that no one references their sponsors as being sponsors. If Corsair gave you an H100, or Newegg sponsored your build by giving you free shipping, no matter the means or methods by which the sponsorship helped you out, please do not mention the relationship itself as even existing as this tends to be viewed as "shilling" and "payola". No "thank you Corsair", no "Newegg gave me free shipping to support me", etc.

2. In accordance with our forum-wide expectations of no self-promotion, we expect no crosslinking or links which otherwise direct AnandTech Forum traffic offsite unless it is purely for reference material, i.e. linking the parts in question to the manufacturer's product website and so on, online photobook albums are allowed as long as its not to pass a company banner.

3. No company banners, corporate links or referrals of any form. Customized badges for PC's are allowed, but leave the company headers out of your build threads. If Intel gave you your 2600K to support your build then we are happy for you but please refrain from pasting up an Intel logo as your means of showing gratitude. Posting to state you are using an Intel i7-2600K CPU in your rig is perfectly fine and expected.

We hope these three simple guidelines will help lower the friction that some build threads receive on occasion owing to their sometimes over-done acknowledgements of sponsors.

Having sponsors is great, we encourage it, but please in the interests of peace and harmony we must require that you do nothing to infer that your build is sponsored by any given manufacturer, distributor, OEM, e-tailer, retailer, etc.

Keep your build threads about the build itself, not about the sponsors. That's what people want to read about and that is what we want to see build threads focus on.

Cases and Cooling Moderator
Aigomorla

Last edited:

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
One more note, Please use the WorkLog: (name) as title format.

It makes it easier for me to go though on the list of threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.