Attn: Wisconsinites--Demand your rights Sept. 9!

fell8

Nov 12, 2001
Copied from an email sent to me. I encourage all to show and give support.

Doug

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: WCCA alert: assembly and senate hearings on concealed carry bills!

On Tuesday, September 9th at 10:00 am there will be joint assembly and senate committee hearings on AB44 and SB214, Representative Gunderson and Senator Zien's concealed carry bills. The hearings will be held in room 411-South in the capitol building in Madison. (The room is a bit difficult to find, so stop at the information desk on the main floor if you need directions).

With the meeting being held in the capitol, it's going to get the attention of the press, the entire legislature and, perhaps most importantly, the governor. We need to show up in multitudes to show our support for concealed carry. At past committee hearings we had 200 to 300 people show up. This time need to make it 1,000.

To counter the media stereotype of gun owners as a bunch of old fat white guys, we need to have a strong showing of women, minorities, and handicapped persons. We also need law enforcement officers (if your department will allow you to wear your uniform, that would be even better). To counter the media's stereotype of gun owners as a bunch of dirty camouflage-wearing slobs, it would be helpful if you dressed as you would to go to church.

If you've been a victim of a violent crime but weren't able to defend yourself because of the state's ban on concealed carry, we need your story. If you've been attacked but defended yourself with a weapon, we need your testimony as well.

There's little doubt that the concealed carry bills are going to pass the assembly and senate. But we need to have them pass with such a wide margin that Governor Doyle may decide to back down on his promise of a veto. And, if he does decide to veto, we want to be able to keep that veto-proof majority intact.

If you only attend one concealed carry event this year, this hearing
is the one to be at.

Despite the presence of Jim Doyle in the governor's office, we can win this battle. But it all depends upon the committment of gunowners to the cause.

Thanks,
The Wisconsin Concealed Carry Association

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
It saddens me we are at the point in time where we need to use "appeals to emotion" and symbolism to protect basic constitutional rights.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
You should show up as a fat white guy with camo and boots on just to piss them off :p

fell8

Nov 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Zebo
It saddens me we are at the point in time where we need to use "appeals to emotion" and symbolism to protect basic constitutional rights.

Agreed. But, whatever it takes, ya' know?

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
The schools are failing. Marksmanship and quail hunting should be tought to every 2nd grader. Who knows if my dad had'nt introduced us to guns/hunting at a very young age maybe I would have a different attitude. Well maybe not... I doggedly defend the bill of rights..it's essential for us to really be a free country not just in name like DPRK or DDR.:p

fell8

Nov 12, 2001
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
I bet government cheese is tasty there, though...I WANT MY CHEESE!

Nah, my grandpa used to voulenteer at a food pantry and occasionally give us some. Crappy american cheese, same as everywhere else. I rarely ate it.