Attention NAACP

Agentbolt

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2004
The NAACP wants the guy who drew the that stupid chimp cartoon fired.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/....html?iref=mpstoryview

AND his editor. You know what? Fuck them. I have officially, 100% had it with screaming, strident black people twisting and massaging every event, statement, and statistic in the world to make it seem like nothing has changed since the 1950's. Screw it, I don't care if this thread gets me vacationed. Every single black person I know well personally (granted, all three of them) thinks the NAACP is an embarrassment and should be shitcanned, and I wholeheartedly agree with them.

NOT EVERYTHING WHITE PEOPLE DO IS OVERTLY HOSTILE AND RACIST, you whiny douchebag assholes.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Agreed 100%, but things are more likely to head in the other (wrong) direction, despite the fact that as a country we've demonstrated an ability to see past race. People who make a living off of "playing the race card" (NAACP and other such useless groups and individuals) are just emboldened and empowered by the fact that our media kowtows to their every whim.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
The NAACP may not always be right, but they have a long and proud record of advancing human rights. I suggest that Agentbolt not hold his breath in terms of seeing the NAACP vanish, he may manage to make himself blue in the face, but I doubt it would help him understand anything about human rights.

Agentbolt

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2004
Originally posted by: Lemon law
The NAACP may not always be right, but they have a long and proud record of advancing human rights. I suggest that Agentbolt not hold his breath in terms of seeing the NAACP vanish, he may manage to make himself blue in the face, but I doubt it would help him understand anything about human rights.

Yeah you're right of course, I understand nothing of human rights because I think the NAACP takes retarded stances most of the time. Very enlightened opinion sir.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
You shouldn't get so worked up about it, these loudmouths are usually just coming out of major urban centers where some people like Sharpton and whoever make their living off of faux modern day MLK style camera-clicking and pronouncements while being shuffled through a hectic crowd.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Not only should they be fired, they should be jailed for attempting to put into the minds of people a subliminal suggestion that somebody should kill the President. Malicious hate-mongering racist garbage have no business in a newspaper.

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Not only should they be fired, they should be jailed for attempting to put into the minds of people a subliminal suggestion that somebody should kill the President. Malicious hate-mongering racist garbage have no business in a newspaper.

I know right, how dare they say that, I mean Obama is working late nights all by himself writing that stimulus bill.

They should have all their finances stripped, and be forced to be in the streets!

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I gotta say...I was always one to post the Bush/Chimp pics. I just think the resemblance is amazing!

I certainly don't take offense when Obama-haters make the same comparison...but them again, I'm not black. (even though my grandkids are bi-racial...just like Obama)

Some stuff may be funny...but racist as hell, while other stuff is just funny and not racist at all...but, when someone's just LOOKING for something to raise a fuss over...they get all indignant over imagined slights.

I still say that as bad as Black people have been treated in the history of this country, they still weren't treated nearly as poorly as the Native Americans were.

(when's the last time a Black person had to go to the Bureau of African Affairs?...or lived on a Negro Reservation?)

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I haven't come to a conclusion whether the cartoon was merely trying to use the chimp to represent idiocy in policy, or whether it was a 'code message' of a racial slur.

I'd be inclined to assume the former, but it seems a very odd coincidence - I can't recall a monkey being used this way in many years for that point - and it's suspicious.

And what's with the police shooting the monkey - what do police shooting policy makers have to do with anything? Police shooting someone does have racial overtones.

The solution seems to me in the middle, not ignoring this or getting rid of the people - but rather demanding they expliitly explain the cartoon as not racial for the record.

Not in a nudge nudge wink wink way, but in a sincere, 'if you do it again and it is racist, you are going to be gone' way.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
What's next? The "Infinite monkey theorem" is racist code saying that African-Americans can't write?

Not exactly a great cartoon, but I think you really have to stretch your imagination to reach the same conclusions as the NAACP. You would have to first be stupid or ignorant enough to believe that Obama was the author of the bill. Then, you would have to be certain that the cartoonist meant to represent Obama with the chimp, and not mean it as a symbol of the collective minds that created the bill. Then you would have to assumed that it had nothing to do with the recent chimp attack (resulting in the death of the chimp), but a call to kill Obama.

I remind the NAACP of Occam's razor - When multiple competing hypotheses are equal in other respects, the principle recommends selecting the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions and postulates the fewest entities.

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
Originally posted by: Craig234
I haven't come to a conclusion whether the cartoon was merely trying to use the chimp to represent idiocy in policy, or whether it was a 'code message' of a racial slur.

I'd be inclined to assume the former, but it seems a very odd coincidence - I can't recall a monkey being used this way in many years for that point - and it's suspicious.

And what's with the police shooting the monkey - what do police shooting policy makers have to do with anything? Police shooting someone does have racial overtones.

The solution seems to me in the middle, not ignoring this or getting rid of the people - but rather demanding they expliitly explain the cartoon as not racial for the record.

Not in a nudge nudge wink wink way, but in a sincere, 'if you do it again and it is racist, you are going to be gone' way.

So while there is a bi-racial person in the Oval Office we are not allowed to draw pictures of monkeys without a good explanation?

Jack Flash

Golden Member
Sep 10, 2006
Originally posted by: Agentbolt

AND his editor. You know what? Fuck them. I have officially, 100% had it with screaming, strident black people twisting and massaging every event, statement, and statistic in the world to make it seem like nothing has changed since the 1950's. Screw it, I don't care if this thread gets me vacationed. Every single black person I know well personally (granted, all three of them) thinks the NAACP is an embarrassment and should be shitcanned, and I wholeheartedly agree with them.

NOT EVERYTHING WHITE PEOPLE DO IS OVERTLY HOSTILE AND RACIST, you whiny douchebag assholes.

You sound like you breathe a muffled hatred against minorities.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
And now I'm giving second thoughts about becoming a card carrying member of the NAACP.

MikeyLSU

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2005
the NAACP has been a joke for a while now. No different than PETA in the fact that they pick the wrong battles to fight. It makes them look stupid and pety.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
He should be fired. The cartoon is racist and he depicts the killing of the president. I have some good arguments here against a lot of things percieved to be racist, but in this case it is a flat "bleeping" joke for anyone to defend and try to downplay the clear picture portrayed in that cartoon. The person who wrote should be canned and the editor who approved should get the boot as well. There is no place for bs like that in todays society. And if you don't like it here, buy a damn plane ticket and leave.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: classy
He should be fired. The cartoon is racist and he depicts the killing of the president. I have some good arguments here against a lot of things percieved to be racist, but in this case it is a flat "bleeping" joke for anyone to defend and try to downplay the clear picture portrayed in that cartoon. The person who wrote should be canned and the editor who approved should get the boot as well. There is no place for bs like that in todays society. And if you don't like it here, buy a damn plane ticket and leave.

Where on the cartoon does it say Obama or give any reference to Obama? Other then attacking the writers of the stimulus package which Obama was not a part of at all I do not see anything that proves it was racist. This whole mess was jump started by Al Sharpton jumping on any and every show that would be desperate enough to accept him and his warped race baiting view on this cartoon.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Agentbolt

Perfect example is your white, hostile, racist post, right? ROFL!! Shoot yourself in the foot much??

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Drift3r
Originally posted by: classy

Where on the cartoon does it say Obama or give any reference to Obama? Other then attacking the writers of the stimulus package which Obama was not a part of at all I do not see anything that proves it was racist. This whole mess was jump started by Al Sharpton jumping on any and every show that would be desperate enough to accept him and his warped race baiting view on this cartoon.

How very rose colored are your glasses!