• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Attendance at the Romney event was mandatory, but no one was forced to attend

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
The mine shutdown makes sense. They shutdown entire airports just because Air Force One flies in - even if it is on the opposite side of a huge airport like Chicago O'Hare. If the mine was shutdown for security reasons, people would not be allowed to work anyway (so no pay), so they might as well go to the event.
Yup, especially if you want to force the workers to go to an event that you support.

I can only imagine the bleating and weeping and gnashing of teeth on this forum if an Obama supporter did something similar.

Nov 29, 2006
The mine shutdown makes sense. They shutdown entire airports just because Air Force One flies in - even if it is on the opposite side of a huge airport like Chicago O'Hare. If the mine was shutdown for security reasons, people would not be allowed to work anyway (so no pay), so they might as well go to the event.
Scew that. Id go home or do some errands or something. No way id attend a Romney event.

ASK THE COMMUNITY