Attackers slit the throats of two American soldiers who were waiting in traffic

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
We were knee deep in Oil Deals with Saddam back then under Reagan.
We were using Iraq as our proxy to fight a war against Iran - thats how we
got them involved in WMD's , we provided them for thier use against Iran &
selective use against Kurdish resurections during the Reagan Era.

Where the wheels came off the cart and we no longer loved Saddam was
when Saddam refused to allow 10% of the oil moved by the pipelines that we
were involved in the design, installation and operation of - to be provided to Israel.
Saddam simply wouldn't allow Israel to have the oil we wanted directed there.
That's when we terminated open provision of oil equipment - through Hallibutron,
to be delivered to Iraq for oil field production and maintainence. Weird, Huh ?

What's weirder is that we did allow the equipment to be directed to Karsai
in Afganistan as part of the trans Afgan pipeline that was supposed to move oil
from Iran/Afganistan to India & Pakistan (Same Karsi that is the annointed Afgan Leader)
as he was an oil manager for our intrests under Cheney's political empire.
That equipment was re-directed from the Afgan projects to be sold by Halliburton
to Iraq - in spite if the embargo and trade restrictions after the laundering of the
equipment pedigree through Afgan intrests so as to dissocoaite it's sale directly to Iraq.

Who would have thunk it - Reagans underlings involved in nefarious deals !
Ollie North - say it isn't so.

Deadtrees

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2002
The problem is that those "attackers" are not soldiers but civilians.
That is the worst case in any kind of warfare. Poor American soldiers don't even know who they are fighting against.
They will never stop killing Amerian soldiers because they think American soldiers are invaders, not peace and democracy bringers.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
The entire Iraqi Army (Except for those who were killed in the first 2 days of the invasion) -
have simply dissapeared into the woodwork - and are functioning as guerrilla fighters
from the Iraqi Underground, semi-organizwed, loosely co-ordinated, and taking advantage
of soft targets and whatever under-defended troops that they can find to prey on.

This incident in Mosul - someone appears to have shot them while they were in transit,
and a street gang group gathering of rowdy testosterone driven teen-agers went into
the 'Posse' or 'Lynch-Mob' mentality and beat, robbed and desecrated the fallen soldiers.
Want to bet that they may have had 'Big Brothers' that were in the Iraqi Army that they were
tring to impress as their peers in a 'Show-off' show-down ?

Kind of like when the guy in LA was dragged out of his car and beaten by a mob
after the cops were let off in the Rodney King Fiasco. Rules by Anarchy.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
stealing oil, now thats simply weak. its obvious your hatred blinds you pers, but stealing oil isn't even begin to be a rational reason for everything that has happened. are we getting rich from oil here?

if we had wanted oil, we would have done what france had done, help saddam and buy his oil through the UN, and perhaps lower sanctions to buy more oil. its easier to coddle dictators then defeat them, saddamn can't eat his oil, he has to sell it to buy his toys.

hah. americans and israelis are soldiers. the arab world however consists of a bunch of terrorists, attackers? and gunman?

and judging by the iraqi reaction... i don't think they have welcomed this "liberation effort"

nice to know whos side your on.

i'm sure these troops deserved what they got, considering the savage oppression the iraqi's are facing right now huh?

who cares what side i'm on. that has nothing to do w/ what i said. shut the hell up and quit making assumptions that make you look like an a$$.

as for the rest of your post...i didn't even understand. you're worthless.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
yes, we shoulda invaded those rat bastard french who so supported saddam and seem to proliferate nuclear power plants to bad people.

i'm not sure the iraqi people deserve freedom from oppression. doesn't seem like they want it.

i hope you're fvcking joke, right?

you've been playing waaay too many video games, kid. You don't just invade countries because you're a racist b!tch and feel like it. usually there's some sort of justification to invading a country. Neither an invasion of france nor that of iraq seem to be justified.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Deadtrees
That is the worst case in any kind of warfare. Poor American soldiers don't even know who they are fighting against.
They will never stop killing Amerian soldiers because they think American soldiers are invaders, not peace and democracy bringers.

what do you mean they "think" they are invaders. THEY ARE invaders. just because your news medium sugar coats it doesn't change the fact that the american soldiers aren't welcomed. If someone comes into your house unwelcomed WITH GUNS playing AGGRESSOR, the typical NRA supporting shotgun collecting hick will shoot them square in the head. Why should we expect otherwise from these "savage" arabs?

i promise if you people take a little time to think...it really wouldn't hurt.

edit: lool "peace and democracy bringers" LOOL. first of all...where the fvck did you pull the word "bringers" out of? judging from that comment alone, i can tell your level of intelligence correlates w/ your opinion on this matter.

miguel

Nov 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Pers

what do you mean they "think" they are invaders. THEY ARE invaders. just because your news medium sugar coats it doesn't change the fact that the american soldiers aren't welcomed. If someone comes into your house unwelcomed WITH GUNS playing AGGRESSOR, the typical NRA supporting shotgun collecting hick will shoot them square in the head. Why should we expect otherwise from these "savage" arabs?

edit: lool "peace and democracy bringers" LOOL. first of all...where the fvck did you pull the word "bringers" out of? judging from that comment alone, i can tell your level of intelligence correlates w/ your opinion on this matter.

LOOL?

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
yes, we shoulda invaded those rat bastard french who so supported saddam and seem to proliferate nuclear power plants to bad people.

i'm not sure the iraqi people deserve freedom from oppression. doesn't seem like they want it.

you've been playing waaay too many video games, kid. You don't just invade countries because you're a racist b!tch and feel like it. usually there's some sort of justification to invading a country. Neither an invasion of france nor that of iraq seem to be justified.

shut the hell up.... you're worthless.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: miguel

LOOL?
That's Arabic for "I just experienced a major brainfart"

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Lucky

shut the hell up.... you're worthless.

Somebody isn't having a good Monday;)

CkG

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
stealing oil, now thats simply weak. its obvious your hatred blinds you pers, but stealing oil isn't even begin to be a rational reason for everything that has happened. are we getting rich from oil here?

if we had wanted oil, we would have done what france had done, help saddam and buy his oil through the UN, and perhaps lower sanctions to buy more oil. its easier to coddle dictators then defeat them, saddamn can't eat his oil, he has to sell it to buy his toys.

hah. americans and israelis are soldiers. the arab world however consists of a bunch of terrorists, attackers? and gunman?

and judging by the iraqi reaction... i don't think they have welcomed this "liberation effort"

nice to know whos side your on.

i'm sure these troops deserved what they got, considering the savage oppression the iraqi's are facing right now huh?

who cares what side i'm on. that has nothing to do w/ what i said. shut the hell up and quit making assumptions that make you look like an a$$.

as for the rest of your post...i didn't even understand. you're worthless.

you should take your own advice sometime.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
For all you Terrorist Sympathizers in here, why don't you move to Iraq while at the same time we need to bring the Bombers back in finish the job and kill two birds with one stone.
What job is that Dave?

LongCoolMother

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Wheezer
Originally posted by: LongCoolMother
americans are dying left and right, get them out of there for christ's sake.

Originally posted by: LongCoolMother
americans are dying left and right, get them out of there for christ's sake.

...and this is exactly what they believe. As soon as the going gets rough we bail, just like Mogadishu. Tell me if we just pack up and leave then what? Hmmmm?

Let the UN move in and take over?

Do you think that we will make more enimies or less?

For those of you that say they care about world opinion of this country do you think it will go up or drop even lower if we leave these people hanging?

Anyone who thought this would be a walk in the park is truly mistaken. Our society has become one that needs instant satisfaction and results, no way this was going to happen on this scale. As soon as we get our noses bloodied a little bit we haul ass. That's what thesepeople think, and will continue to believe if we leave now. Have we been greeted by heros by ALL the people of Iraq? Hell no, but not all of them want us killed either. We are at the point of no return we HAVE to stay. If we pull out now we might as well go the whole 9 yards and pull out of every country we are in. Give no help to those that ask, ask for none in return, call in all our debts from other countries and seal ourselves off from the rest of the world. We don't need them, and they aparently know what is best for themselves anyway.

There are similar atrocites that go on right under our noses in this country here at home. Yet you never hear about it because it is not news worthy. Have you tried to find out how many children starve to death, or are killed each year because they are not wanted? How many wives are shot or stabbed to death because the husband decides that he no longer wants to be married? I mean the only reason you hear about the war and it's front page fvcking news it because that brings in the ratings and gets people like yourselves in an uproar.

I guess when the cops have a stand off situation then they should just back off and let the criminals go. Let them have thier way then everything will be just fine. Right? It's kinda the same thing. The police are not wanted in areas of high crime....by the criminals, but the old people who live next to the crack house the cops are a blessing.

personally, id rather them bail. as for the neighbors of the crackhouse, sure we feel sorry for them. but is it worth the lives of the cops? you tell me. the image on US couldnt get much worse if you ask me. might as well get them out now and let things settle. people's brains are going numb reading about deaths almost daily. and btw, we were the ones who were saying it WASNT going to be a walk in the park. you are the ones who were awfully optimistic about victory in "2 months" before the invasion.

rjain

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
These aren't cops. They're soldiers. They're taught to kill, not to make people get along. They kill who their commander tells them to kill and protect who their commander tells them to protect. If they can't tell whom to kill and whom to protect, they're just sitting ducks. Get some people into Iraq who are actually trained at doing what's needed there.

Same kind of stupid mentality as we have going on with the swarms of armed 19-year-olds running around Penn Station. Or the packing of all the officers in a precinct into a single block while the rest of the neighborhood goes barely patrolled. That really makes me feel safe.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
For all you Terrorist Sympathizers in here, why don't you move to Iraq while at the same time we need to bring the Bombers back in finish the job and kill two birds with one stone.

Um, what exactly are you advocating Dave?

I guess I'll save this thread for the next time someone says "So-n-so is calling for the deaths of Americans."

rjain

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
Gaard: You're confused. Dave wanted only to kill all Iraqis and Un-American Americans. Can't have any oxymorons floating about, can we?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Military officials: no evidence U.S. bodies mutilated
U.S. military officials now say there's no sign the bodies of the two Americans killed yesterday in northern Iraq were mutilated.
Military sources say there's no sign the men were beaten with rocks or their throats slashed.

CkG

Oh no, JFK kind of Conspiracy Theories going on again. History keeps repeating itself.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: rjain
Gaard: You're confused. Dave wanted only to kill all Iraqis and Un-American Americans. Can't have any oxymorons floating about, can we?

Dangit! I'm always getting it wrong. Here I thought he wanted all those who disagree with him to get killed.

This will really blow his mind...imagine a terrorist sympathizer who is against removing religious references/material from government property. :D

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
One of those two Soldiers in the car was a Sgt Major from just a few Counties East of Athens Georgia in Thomson Georgia.

rose.gif

bulldawg

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
One of those two Soldiers in the car was a Sgt Major from just a few Counties East of Athens Georgia in Thomson Georgia.

rose.gif

My home town. He entered the Army in 1976 after finishing High School. His boyhood home is about 8-10 miles from where I live. Pretty hard news for this little town. :(