Attack of the Right Wing Snowflakes

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Wonder if our resident college campus free speech fetishists have any opinions on this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/22/opinion/free-speech-metoo-lawsuits-snowflakes.html

So it was news when Delgado claimed, in a court filing, that Miller had made a previous girlfriend pregnant and then put abortion-inducing medication in her smoothie. In September the website Splinter, part of Gizmodo Media, reported on the filing, noting that Miller denied the allegations.

In response, Miller made an aggressive legal move that’s becoming more common on the right, suing the report’s author, Katherine Krueger, and Gizmodo Media for $100 million. When Krueger’s boyfriend, a co-host of the cult left-wing podcast Chapo Trap House, called Miller a “rat-faced baby killer” in a tweet, Miller added him to the suit. Representing Miller are two veterans of the team that sued Gawker Media into oblivion for publishing a sex tape of the wrestler Hulk Hogan, a case partly bankrolled by Trump-supporting billionaire Peter Thiel. (Gizmodo is a spinoff of Gawker.)

Or should speech only be protected when it's fascists and lunatics demanding access to college campuses?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
This all becomes much simpler when you accept that conservatives never cared about free speech. They pretend to when it is convenient for them but that’s it.
As with every other freedom they claim to love, right wingers care about free speech when it's their free speech. But if it's speech they disagree with, then they want shit silenced.

Thunder 57

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2007
This all becomes much simpler when you accept that conservatives never cared about free speech. They pretend to when it is convenient for them but that’s it.

What are you talking about? How many times have conservative speakers been shut down on college campus because of violence and rioting? How about Twitter censoring conservatives? Notice how a lot of news sites and even ESPN got rid of their comments section on their articles? Wonder why that is.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
What are you talking about? How many times have conservative speakers been shut down on college campus because of violence and rioting? How about Twitter censoring conservatives? Notice how a lot of news sites and even ESPN got rid of their comments section on their articles? Wonder why that is.

LMAO, you just did exactly what he said.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

They got rid of it because vulgar trash like Trump supporters leave nothing but vile messages of hate and violence.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Thank you for so clearly proving my point.

Thunder 57

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2007
Yeah, I think you probably did. Lol.

Care to enlighten me?

I mean, if you are trying to imply I don't want liberals to speak on college campuses, that's not the case. Anyone noteworthy enough to be invited by a college organization should be allowed to speak.

Last edited:

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Care to enlighten me?

Sadly, I think that's far beyond my abilities.

I mean, if you are trying to imply I don't want liberals to speak on college campuses, that's not the case. Anyone noteworthy enough to be invited by a college organization should be allowed to speak.

Trying to figure out why anyone would sincerely give a shit who speaks on college campuses

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
It would shock at all the cases that Judges let move forward.
I could see the judge allowing grievances to be added in the battle between Miller and Delgado but the suit against a party that published the contents of a court filing is ridiculous.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
It took a while to gather the fact.... that they are reporting on a court filing.

Should be free and clear to do that much, but it's how you report that matters. They could have easily veered off the legal path and ventured unto slander and libel. The tweet he attached would be a sort of corroboration of that.